Dreger: MN could move Dumba

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Any guesses what the wild would be asking for? And why move on from a young player whose on a rough patch anyway?

Also: Has there been a comparable trade with a player of Dumbas value?

My guess is that the Wild would be looking for a young-ish top 6 center in a Dumba trade.

Whether they can get that or not will determine if they trade him. He's locked up for 3.5 years still, so no hurry to move him.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That's a major trade to address a short-term hole for a team that is built to compete over the long-term. I don't see it.
Yeah, I get not wanting to part with Necas, but you can’t act like dumba doesn’t fit in long term. Handedness aside.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I get not wanting to part with Necas, but you can’t act like dumba doesn’t fit in long term. Handedness aside.

Depends, in theory they have Hamilton and Pesce long term on the right side. They don't exactly need Dumba once Hamilton returns. Not in the same way that they need a 2nd pair LD because Edmunson, Gardiner and Fleury aren't that.

Maybe things change in the offseason or next year if they anticipate losing Hamilton once his contract runs out though.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Nor am I. It seems that we may be entering a multi year rebuild though. I wouldn’t be against moving him for a good young asset. I mean, he’s got 3 years left after this year, and that might be when we start contending again if all goes right. We could lose him as a UFA at that point anyways. He’ll be 28, so not super old, but again, if there’s a good player to be had that makes sense...

Wild aren't rebuilding with Spurgeon, parise, & Suter & needing to keep Kaprizov. You yourself just admitted you want guerin to make a trade for the sake of making one. Give me a break.!

By the way dumba isn't being sold low & the only guerin would even trade him is if wild were blown away.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wild aren't rebuilding with Spurgeon, parise, & Suter & needing to keep Kaprizov. You yourself just admitted you want guerin to make a trade for the sake of making one. Give me a break.!

By the way dumba isn't being sold low & the only guerin would even trade him is if wild were blown away.

Yeah man, we get it. Dumba, Brodin and Zucker will all return top 6 centers and 1st round picks (bottom 21 protected, if it's not a top 10 pick it defers year after year until it is).

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Depends, in theory they have Hamilton and Pesce long term on the right side. They don't exactly need Dumba once Hamilton returns. Not in the same way that they need a 2nd pair LD because Edmunson, Gardiner and Fleury aren't that.

Maybe things change in the offseason or next year if they anticipate losing Hamilton once his contract runs out though.
Yeah, I see where there coming from. I’ve just always been a believer of getting th best defenseman you can, and if someone has to play their off-hand, I’d hope these top-level athletes can adjust.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One of the Wild top 4 Dmen, will have to go at some point, and one third pairing guy. Pateryn has looked pretty solid since he's been back. Nowhere near the offensive contribution of Hunt, but WAAYYY more solid defensively. The trick with him is not elevating him up to the top4, and just being happy that he is a good #5D.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Why don’t you focus on explaining this before we dive into anything else

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
Fenton was a stud. He just was terrible with people

This is the worst take I've ever heard on here!!! Normally you have decent takes, but this is beyond ridiculous!!!

He was the laughing stock of the league! Yes he was bad with people... but he was ALSO horrible as a GM!

Drafts johannson in the 1st when some had him projected between 5th-undrafted..

Trades nino for rask

Traded granny 1 for 1, when he should have atleast gotten a pick(s) as well.

Resigns staal instead of getting a 1st + from boston.

Ruined the relationship between the wild and Zucker.

Then signs mats to a long term deal when we should be in rebuilding mode.

Such a joke.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hopefully it's like Lafreniere's leg injury at the WJC, and Hamiltons back in a couple of days

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Why don’t you focus on explaining this before we dive into anything else
Wild literally can't rebuild. Russ has said this many times. Russo has also said wild will have to trend carefully because Kaprizov can be a free agent in 1-2 years. Wild have to make him happy so he resign

Also you don't rebuild on a team which still has parise, Spurgeon, suter, zucco long term. You just can't

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
This is the worst take I've ever heard on here!!! Normally you have decent takes, but this is beyond ridiculous!!!

He was the laughing stock of the league! Yes he was bad with people... but he was ALSO horrible as a GM!

Drafts johannson in the 1st when some had him projected between 5th-undrafted..

Trades nino for rask

Traded granny 1 for 1, when he should have atleast gotten a pick(s) as well.

Resigns staal instead of getting a 1st + from boston.

Ruined the relationship between the wild and Zucker.

Then signs mats to a long term deal when we should be in rebuilding mode.

Such a joke.
Relax. We ruined the Nashville Predators whole franchise with the Granlund for Fiala trade

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Not a fan of either team but I think a Dvorak for Dumba swap could work.

Yotes have Hayton coming up, and already as Schmaltz and Stepan to play top 6 centers. They don’t have any good RHD.

OEL-Dumba
Chychrun-Hammer

would be a great top 4

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019

PHX has Hayton coming up, and already as Schmaltz and Stepan to play top 6 centers. They don’t have any good RHD.

OEL-Dumba
Chychrun-Hammer

would be a great top 4

Are you seriously right now? The same guy being benched by Arizona? Got it.

A young top d getting traded for a bench player

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Wild literally can't rebuild. Russ has said this many times. Russo has also said wild will have to trend carefully because Kaprizov can be a free agent in 1-2 years. Wild have to make him happy so he resign

Also you don't rebuild on a team which still has parise, Spurgeon, suter, zucco long term. You just can't
Kaprizov will be under team control until he’s 27 or has played 7 seasons in the NHL. I also don’t think you should let one players who isn’t even signed by your team influence the direction you go because you think he might not resign. To continue: Suter, Parise, Zuccarello, and Spurgeon have nothing to do with whether or not we’re rebuilding. They might force us to rebuild.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

If Kaprizov wants to leave in 2 years because his team hasn't had any success than he can leave. You don't walk on egg shells or tailor every move to make a guy that hasn't played a single game yet happy. Do what's best for the team, and if he wants to be part of it, great, if not, so long.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

StateOfHockey101

May 19, 2015
Relax. We ruined the Nashville Predators whole franchise with the Granlund for Fiala trade

Lol them losing fiala was not the downfall.. it was trading subban and signing duchenne.

And idc about Nashville, I'm posting about your take on Fenton. Literally the worst take I've heard and I've made some really bad ones lol

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Yotes have Hayton coming up, and already as Schmaltz and Stepan to play top 6 centers. They don’t have any good RHD.

OEL-Dumba
Chychrun-Hammer

would be a great top 4
Respectable idea. I'm guessing the Yotes wouldn't go for it, though. I don't know how comfortable they are with Stepan as a top-6 center going forward.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Lol them losing fiala was not the downfall.. it was trading subban and signing duchenne.

And idc about Nashville, I'm posting about your take on Fenton. Literally the worst take I've heard and I've made some really bad ones lol
I mean, you could look at his trades and over-analyze them. Or you could realize that he took a team that wasn’t going to win anything, made them younger, faster, and cheaper. You could also look at our drafting while he was in charge and focus solely on the Johansson pick, or you could take a gander to a few other rounds of the draft and see that Khovanov, who went in the 3rd round, would be a 1st in a redraft. Beckman is leading the WHL in scoring. It’s simply too small of a sample size to say he didn’t have a good hockey mind as you’re implying. It’s been said time and time again that he was released for non-hockey related issues.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Respectable idea. I'm guessing the Yotes wouldn't go for it, though. I don't know how comfortable they are with Stepan as a top-6 center going forward.

Yeah the timing isn't right. They're still trying to compete for a playoff spot and Hayton isn't ready to be a top 6 center. Maybe in a year or so.

EDIT: I forgot about Soderstrom. He probably renders Dumba uninteresting, at the cost of a guy like Dvo.

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019

Not a respectable idea. I responded reading he was benched for a few games in Arizona.

One doesn't trade dumba one for one or for a player like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad