Dreger: MN could move Dumba

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Yeah, I get not wanting to part with Necas, but you can’t act like dumba doesn’t fit in long term. Handedness aside.

They don't need an asset the caliber of Dumba to surround Pesce, Slavin and Hamilton moving forward. The expansion draft is also an issue; I'm not ready to buy into the idea that Hamilton would just sign right after the draft.

They do need a center of a caliber that Necas has the potential to be to surround Aho, Teravainen and Svechnikov long-term.

I think they pump the brakes on the trade market, if Hamilton is out for some time.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
If Kaprizov wants to leave in 2 years because his team hasn't had any success than he can leave. You don't walk on egg shells or tailor every move to make a guy that hasn't played a single game yet happy. Do what's best for the team, and if he wants to be part of it, great, if not, so long.

Yeah ignorant idea? Really? Superstars will always control teams. This is why Russo has said over & over wild can't rebuild unde Parise. You don't rebuild with the players on Nmc wild have.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala was benched for a few games in Minnesota. Is he worthless now too?

Dvo has played every single game for Arizona this year and even has a goal in their game tonight. He centers their top line with Hall.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah ignorant idea? Really? Superstars will always control teams. This is why Russo has said over & over wild can't rebuild unde Parise. You don't rebuild with the players on Nmc wild have.

And if Kaprizov turns into a superstar, maybe he'll get that luxury treatment that superstars get.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I have the same amount of NHL points as Kaprizov

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Not a respectable idea. I responded reading he was benched for a few games in Arizona.

One doesn't trade dumba one for one or for a player like this.
The way Dumba is playing this season he could stand to be benched for a game or two..

Dvorak happens to be having a great season and is a really solid, young 2nd line center. And will be for years to come which is what Minnesota needs.

Matter of fact he’s got a goal tonight.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Dumba is a very good skater, has a cannon shot, and is one of the few Wild D-men that will play physical.

He hasn't been the same since his injury, but before he got hurt last year, we saw the complete package he can be.

I'd bank on him rebounding: at his current salary, he could be a bargain if he rediscovers that mojo.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Ummm... no?

Unless he has fallen off a cliff, I would think this is fair value tbh. Guy could anchor the flames defense for years.
I would love monahan. Dumba has fallen off a cliff this year, but he’s been better lately. I honestly just think he needs a change

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ummm... no?

Unless he has fallen off a cliff, I would think this is fair value tbh.

Calgary couldn't possibly trade their only top 6 center for another defenseman.

Dumba hasn't been good so far this season, but he was great for the prior 1.5 years. I would fully expect him to rebound next year. He's already getting better, I think it's still lingering effects from the injury/conditioning.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

Dumba hasn't been good so far this season, but he was great for the prior 1.5 years. I would fully expect him to rebound next year. He's already getting better, I think it's still lingering effects from the injury/conditioning.
I think they see Lindholm as a C long-term. Some of their fans are very open to moving Monahan

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
1st + one of the top defence prospects from edmonton.

Bring him home to edmonton.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Benning should be all over this

I can't see what he'd offer that you Canucks fans haven't already shot down.

Strictly speaking, as I said at the start of this thread, I imagine the only reason he's "available" is to try to pry a top 6 center out of somewhere. Unless you're suddenly okay with offering Horvat...

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
What the ****? No.

I love our future d prospects, but that right side is bleak as f***. I’m not saying I’d do it instantly, but I don’t think I’m out of lunch on this one.

This would definitely give me more pause, but the Dumba I saw last year was absolutely worth Monahan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad