MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Might be a hot take but imo tony is a top 3 fighter of the decade, if not the fighter of the decade. Never got to fight for a real title but an 11 fight ufc streak at lightweight coupled with the pictures of his last 7-8 opponents at the end of their fights.....it’s pretty clear he’s something special. That collage is scary, he brutalizes people.

I don’t even like the guy that much, I think he’s a weirdo

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fedor vs. Rampage this weekend.

Probably going to be a sloppy mess but this is one of the few old guy fights I actually want to watch. It's too bad it didn't happen much sooner.

Reactions: CDJ

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Just looked at the list of fights for the upcoming ppv at ufc 246 and boy oh boy does it look horrific. Literally the only ppv worthy fight is Conor vs Cowboy. Washed up Pettis is the third best fighter on that card.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Just looked at the list of fights for the upcoming ppv at ufc 246 and boy oh boy does it look horrific. Literally the only ppv worthy fight is Conor vs Cowboy. Washed up Pettis is the third best fighter on that card.
It's brutal. An injury to McGregor or Cowboy would be devastating.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

They should have put Fili-Yusuff on the main card but I imagine they want to expose Sodiq to a more public audience. Maycee Barber too.

They are clearly banking on McGregor. It’s pretty much a free money grab for them, they get to keep a lot of prime fights open for other cards

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Probably going to be a sloppy mess but this is one of the few old guy fights I actually want to watch. It's too bad it didn't happen much sooner.

Michael Chandler Vs Sidney Outlaw could be interesting. Outlaw is probably in over his head but he has not lost in awhile and his last loss was a split decision to Gregor Gillespie years back

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
They should have put Fili-Yusuff on the main card but I imagine they want to expose Sodiq to a more public audience. Maycee Barber too.

They are clearly banking on McGregor. It’s pretty much a free money grab for them, they get to keep a lot of prime fights open for other cards
Yeah Fili Yousuff is gonna be a banger. I get that they're banking on Conor but it's such a clear waste of money for an average fan. Better just find some link and download the whole event just to flip off the UFC for this strategy.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Greg Hardy vs Yorgan de Castro

Yorgan sent Justin Tafa to the shadow realm last fight. He’s a big boy

Sam Alvey vs Khalil Rountree Jr

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Rampage is a shell of his former self. Can barely string two punches together without getting winded. Sad to see, really. Fedor needed to retire 4 years ago. This fight will be a total crap fest side show.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Rampage is a shell of his former self. Can barely string two punches together without getting winded. Sad to see, really. Fedor needed to retire 4 years ago. This fight will be a total crap fest side show.

Rampage is even heavier for this one and had to cut weight to get to 265 lbs so yeah, it's likely going to be bad.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lorenz Larkin looks good. Keita Nakamura is shop worn but he’s still tough and he’s getting demolished. His face has been changed.

MVP smashed a tomato can

I gotta say I like the bellator walkouts. I’m here for the pageantry

loser of the main event should be forced to retire

Rampage got them Ric Flair boobs that you get when you hit a certain age after being on the juice

Fedor is actually looking quite spry

and Fedor with the knockout. Rampage didn’t land anything. Plz no more fights for him.

Honestly if he still had a chin Fedor would probably be reasonably competitive at heavyweight. It’s just non existent and he’s lucky rampage is a turtle

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Go down to your local pub/bar and you'll find 2-3 big dudes who fight about as well as Rampage at this point.

That was shockingly bad.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
All Rampage was there to do was collect a paycheck. He hasn't been one for conditioning and being in shape recently but that was embarrassing even for him. Tough to watch since he is one of my all-time favourites.

Reactions: m9

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I don't mean to perpetuate the Pride/fixed fights notion but I just got a funny feeling watching that ending that Rampage threw the fight. I know he gets fat between fights but that was far worse than he's ever looked, and that ending with him falling forward, bracing the fall, then shaking his head "no more" just makes me think something may have been up.

Could be as simple as he was just there to collect a paycheck and went the Bob Sapp rout, but either way it was odd at the very least.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It looked like a Bob Sapp fight. No interest in seeing Rampage fight again, he should just enjoy retirement.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Don't think it was a fix, I just think Rampage was just so clearly unprepared for the fight that he fought scared as he didn't want to get cracked by Fedor.

Reactions: CDJ and Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don't mean to perpetuate the Pride/fixed fights notion but I just got a funny feeling watching that ending that Rampage threw the fight. I know he gets fat between fights but that was far worse than he's ever looked, and that ending with him falling forward, bracing the fall, then shaking his head "no more" just makes me think something may have been up.

Could be as simple as he was just there to collect a paycheck and went the Bob Sapp rout, but either way it was odd at the very least.

I don’t think he threw the fight, I just think he’s physically incapable of fighting. He was cut pretty good from that punch.

Fedor legitimately looked light on his feet too, was a total mismatch.

basically I think it was a money grab for rampage, but not a fixed fight

Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The PFL broadcast is honestly terrific

jared rosholt is not our heavyweight king :(

Lance Palmer is probably the highest grossing featherweight in the world the last two years, which is hilarious

Kayla Harrison is a juggernaut

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes