MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Lesner is going to out weigh DC by about 60lbs for the fight, he will cut to 265, and by fight be back up in the 280s.
Unless Brock finds away around USADA I don't think he'll even have to cut weight for this fight. He's lost A LOT of muscle. I'm afraid we never see this fight but if we do my guess is Lesnar doesn't have more than 20 pounds on him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bader just completely dominated from start to finish. I believe he was the betting favourite in the tournament and it's clear why. Maybe Fedor can catch him with something either standing or from the bottom but I think Bader beats whoever wins tonight.

Kharitonov has always been fun to watch. Nelson has looked awful for a while now and was just a punching bag after a few minutes.

Nallo had one of the best KOs this year.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Bader just completely dominated from start to finish. I believe he was the betting favourite in the tournament and it's clear why. Maybe Fedor can catch him with something either standing or from the bottom but I think Bader beats whoever wins tonight.

Kharitonov has always been fun to watch. Nelson has looked awful for a while now and was just a punching bag after a few minutes.

Nallo had one of the best KOs this year.

Not a fan of Bellator fans here it seems lol. I do agree that Bader wins the tournament. I wish Kharitanov was in the tournament...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Bader was my pick from the beginning (I think) and he's done nothing to change my mind. Hope we get a good one tonight - would like to see Sonnen pull it off.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Chael has a history of doing stupid things in big fights, that weirdly timed spinning elbow in the 2nd Anderson fight and whatever he was attempting when he had Fedor's back tonight.

Bader is going to run through Fedor.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Weird and sloppy fight. Fedor still has that explosiveness from the bottom. Chael isn't a natural HW but he's pretty tough to move when he has top control and Fedor just easily shrugged him off. I don't think he'll be able to do that against Bader though.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI and m9

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I just noticed that UFC has signed Sergey Pavlovich.

This guy has been hyped as a top HW prospect.

I’m looking forward to seeing him. I wonder when he fights.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
If anyone wants to witness a murder, Artem Lobov is fighting Michael Johnson on the Moncton card. What a terrible mismatch lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I can't be mad at that. He has fought all of the best guys and won everywhere he goes. He's almost 35 years old and has been in some wars so getting paid good money to fight lesser competition is a good way to go out.

He only went 4-3-1 in the UFC but he never took an easy fight. Cerrone, Melendez, Pettis, RDA, McGregor, Poirier, Gaethje, and Poirier again is a crazy lineup.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I can't be mad at that. He has fought all of the best guys and won everywhere he goes. He's almost 35 years old and has been in some wars so getting paid good money to fight lesser competition is a good way to go out.

He only went 4-3-1 in the UFC but he never took an easy fight. Cerrone, Melendez, Pettis, RDA, McGregor, Poirier, Gaethje, and Poirier again is a crazy lineup.

Good for Eddie for grabbing the cash, since this is likely his last chance at a big dollar contract. Can't begrudge him that at all.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sucks as a fan though.

Absolutely. I'm a huge fan of his and really enjoyed getting to see pretty much every one of his fights, but I get it. He can go to ONE, win the belt and have a much easier time being the big fish in a little pond over there, and presumably make more money than UFC offered. What's he going to do in UFC at this point? Be a stepping stone or gatekeeper for the younger guys to prove they're ready for a title shot? I say this because it's clear he's not going to get a title shot any time soon over here. He's on the back 9 of his career. Take the money and easier fights.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Weird and sloppy fight. Fedor still has that explosiveness from the bottom. Chael isn't a natural HW but he's pretty tough to move when he has top control and Fedor just easily shrugged him off. I don't think he'll be able to do that against Bader though.
Yeah, thought it would be very hard for Chael, guy fought at middleweight most of his career.

Fought Jon Jones, Anderson Silva and Fedor. Chael fought legends wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad