MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements 10.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 51464

Ok card for a lower tier promotion. James Vick and Francisco Rivera on it

People who care about James Vick need to stop him from continuing to fight.

It used to be fun to root against him since he seemed like a tool, but geez.....this is sad.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People who care about James Vick need to stop him from continuing to fight.

It used to be fun to root against him since he seemed like a tool, but geez.....this is sad.

that was really, really hard to watch. He should just do submission underground from now on

That ref Yamasaki’s brother? Letting Vick die with honor in there lol f*** man

I was so happy when Gaethje slept him but ever since Price murdered him with the upkick and probably took a couple years off his life I don’t like watching him die in there. But alas I’ll do it

Rivera getting a KO in his first fight since UFC 201 was nice to see

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

It wasn’t that long ago this guy was sharing a presser stage with stars and telling Gaethje he was gonna knock him back to B-leagues. As the betting favorite too!!!! Fialho was on a 3 fight losing streak coming in....

The fight game-above all else- is humbling

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wake up Bellator - it's February and you still don't have any events scheduled

bov

Nov 13, 2010
^Jim Miller vs Bobby Green is a good one, solid veteran matchup.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wake up Bellator - it's February and you still don't have any events scheduled

It's looking like April 9th might be their first event this year. I'm surprised they're waiting so long and not going back to the Mohegan Sun bubble that worked previously.

PFL will start up in April as well.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Vick is thankfully done. I think he’s been broken beyond repair

that Niko Price KO isn’t talked about enough for the sheer brutality of it- that was one of the more vicious finishes anybody has ever taken. He took 3 brutal KO finishes in about 13-14 months and also had a war with Felder. I just don’t think he can take damage anymore

member 51464

Vick is thankfully done. I think he’s been broken beyond repair

that Niko Price KO isn’t talked about enough for the sheer brutality of it- that was one of the more vicious finishes anybody has ever taken. He took 3 brutal KO finishes in about 13-14 months and also had a war with Felder. I just don’t think he can take damage anymore

That sound when Price connects.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
With Hall/Weidman off, UFC 258 now has Grasso/Barber in the co-main of Usman/Burns next weekend.

The rest of the card is not very good either.

UFC 258 fight card announced, Maycee Barber vs. Alexa Grasso set as co-main event

I think my plan is to skip this one and do a Valentines' date with my wife, then the rest of the year when I ignore her for the UFC I can remind her how I skipped a PPV title fight to hang out with her.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
With Hall/Weidman off, UFC 258 now has Grasso/Barber in the co-main of Usman/Burns next weekend.

UFC 258 fight card announced, Maycee Barber vs. Alexa Grasso set as co-main event

I think my plan is to skip this one and do a Valentines' date with my wife, then the rest of the year when I ignore her for the UFC I can remind her how I skipped a PPV title fight to hang out with her.
"Some stories are so newsworthy, so historic, that you have to stop everything to watch. Balloon Boy, Michael Jackson's funeral... uh, things that if you didn't see them live, you wouldn't really care that you didn't see them at all."

- Jim from The Office

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

"I skipped the worst PPV of the year to spend time with you."

And they say romance is dead. Haha.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
"I skipped the worst PPV of the year to spend time with you."

And they say romance is dead. Haha.

As long as she doesn't know it's the worst one, I'm good. And to be fair it's only February.. there might be worse to come.

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I just audibly gasped when I saw they put Marquez vs Pitolo on the main card

At least make me pay for Miller-Green or something, that’s downright insulting. Stream it is, you did this to me Dana!

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
2 OG but now former Jackson-Wink guys going at it.

I thought they might try to give Diego a better chance at a win for his last fight, but I guess he wanted a name more. At this point in Diego's career, you've got to pick one or the other.

For Cowboy....goooooottttttaaaa win this one.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
2 OG but now former Jackson-Wink guys going at it.

I thought they might try to give Diego a better chance at a win for his last fight, but I guess he wanted a name more. At this point in Diego's career, you've got to pick one or the other.

For Cowboy....goooooottttttaaaa win this one.

I think sadly right now a fight vs Cowboy is a better chance than most opponents.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think sadly right now a fight vs Cowboy is a better chance than most opponents.
I don't think Cowboy is THAT gone. 5 losses in a row sure, but he's still fighting relevant guys. I thought he beat Pettis and was at least competitive with Niko once he survived the early onslaught. Diego hasn't beat anyone relevant since when? Jim Miller 5 years ago? I don't know if Pereira would be considered relevant but considering he was getting the brakes beat off him and only won by DQ, I don't think it's worth counting.

I thought maybe they'd try to find a Brad Pickett level guy like they did for Faber's 'retirement' fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad