Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20180725_232321.jpg

One nil to the Metro Boys!!!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well Ruidiaz ended up scoring. A pretty good goal too. All in all though him and the Sounders had a pretty unspectacular game. I think if Sounders want to maximize everyone’s talents something like this would be best

Ruidiaz
VRod-Dempsey-Lodeiro
Alonso-Roldan
Nouhou-Torres-Marshall-Leerdam

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Solid road win for our boys last night. Bradley's celebration took some balls - I love him pulling that in DC's new stadium. First in the league in PPG now!

Well Ruidiaz ended up scoring. A pretty good goal too. All in all though him and the Sounders had a pretty unspectacular game. I think if Sounders want to maximize everyone’s talents something like this would be best

Ruidiaz
VRod-Dempsey-Lodeiro
Alonso-Roldan
Nouhou-Torres-Marshall-Leerdam

Beautiful strike by Ruidiaz last night. Very well taken goal.

Also, I really like that lineup, especially if Dempsey can offer something in this stretch run.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Solid road win for our boys last night. Bradley's celebration took some balls - I love him pulling that in DC's new stadium. First in the league in PPG now!

Beautiful strike by Ruidiaz last night. Very well taken goal.

Also, I really like that lineup, especially if Dempsey can offer something in this stretch run.
Yeah the biggest problem right now is Dempsey hasn't found form at all this season. Last night's game was hard to watch. Ruidiaz would have been in alone if someone attempted the through ball. I saw Roldan, Lodeiro, Shipp, and Alonso all pass on the through ball to send it sideways. Dempsey on the other hand will take that risk.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Down 2 goals at halftime is terrible, but I don't think Fake Chivas was playing as well as Twellman was making it out to be. The ref is also clearly favoring LAFC with these fouls. Only way to draw fouls is to flop around like Blessing is doing. Galaxy are a second half team and looked dangerous at times. I'm confident that we can turn this around.

Also confirms LAFC is Chivas 2.0

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I really hope AEG has future stadium plans in LA. I can't with this Carson shit anymore. I'll always be Galaxy and nothing would make me happier than a stadium in LA we can call home. That's all LAFC can brag about and when that's taken away, they have nothing.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I really hope AEG has future stadium plans in LA. I can't with this Carson **** anymore. I'll always be Galaxy and nothing would make me happier than a stadium in LA we can call home. That's all LAFC can brag about and when that's taken away, they have nothing.

Doesn't seem likely to happen with all the money they put into renovating parts of the stadium with new scoreboards and seating in the upper deck.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I think those money comes from Chargers.

Anyhow, Carson is in LA County, so LA Galaxy is still an accurate name.

That's true. But Carson is still an isolated suburb. It would've been better if it was an independent city that still bordered LA like Commerce or Glendale (an available land is another story). But still, the Galaxy moving to LA would be huge. Carson being the Galaxy's location is all that's going on for LAFC fans. I honestly don't know what leverage they would have in smack talking if both teams were based in the city.

The Home Depot Center (former name) was the beginning of the trend of MLS teams building SSS's in cheap suburban lands. That trend is dead.

Side question: Why is there even a tennis arena there? There is no WTA or ATP tournament held in the LA area.

Last edited:

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I still can't help but chuckle that someone would take MLS so seriously as to try to be a MLS hooligan.
Regrettably people have been doing that for awhile. In the 90's some DC wannabe hooligans tried to attack a few ESC members. One of our guys, Peter Bockman, kicked one of them who charged at him right in the nuts and the wannabes all ran away (except for the would be attacker laying on the ground in agony). We still sing this song:

We're all friends with Peter Bockman,
We're all friends with you know who,
You can tell by how he struts,
That he'll kick you in the nuts,
That Bockman is a Metro hooligan.

There's also the incident at the beginning of the league where racist skinheads tried to take over our section and our members (several who were SHARP skinheads) kicked the crap out of them in the Giants Stadium parking lot and they were never seen again.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Solid road win for Crew...
I have absolutely no idea what the hell Armas was thinking with that lineup. Collin may be the worst player on any MLS roster, why in God's name did he start over Escobar or any other living breathing defender on our roster? And anyone standing in the South Ward could've told him having Etienne as a lone striker was a terrible idea. So he waits until the game is effectively over and THEN brings in Kaku (who is like 24 years old so he has tons of miles on him and needs plenty of rest /sarcasm) and BWP, who turn the game around and nearly rescued a point. If he was willing to do that why the hell didn't he start them and play them 60 and then sub them. Armas feels like he is just so overmatched, they should've promoted Wolly from the USL side as he has extensive experience as a head coach including winning the USL title a few years back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad