MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Did you see where DC United were able to reach an agreement with their supporter groups (La Barra Brava , District United, Screaming Eagles)?

I saw it, but I'm not a member or associated with any of those groups. I haven't been to Audi Field yet either though I was planning to go some time in August. Anything that creates a bit of atmosphere is good news though. It's a sad sight to see 20 guys holding up banners and one dude with a drum..so if they get good numbers that way in every home game, it's a plus.

Reactions: G F O P

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I want to see LAFC-LAG this Thursday but the tickets go as low as $100 on Stub Hub. **** that ****.

Same. Plus Fake Chivas only allowed 100 tickets for the away fans supporters groups. Not only that the minimum amount for parking is 35$. Even more reason to not go.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Same. Plus Fake Chivas only allowed 100 tickets for the away fans supporters groups. Not only that the minimum amount for parking is 35$. Even more reason to not go.

Can't you just pretend not to be a Galaxy fan by not wearing a Galaxy shirt? Do they kick you out if they see you cheering for the Galaxy in the non-away fan section?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Can't you just pretend not to be a Galaxy fan by not wearing a Galaxy shirt? Do they kick you out if they see you cheering for the Galaxy in the non-away fan section?

Doubt it. I'm just saying its really insecure of LAFC to limit the number of supporters groups tickets. I mean the Galaxy gave LAFC two whole sections at the Stub Hub Center when we hosted them earlier this year.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It may have been a condition for the deal, but also it's not like Bayern are buying him as immediate help for their first team. He's basically a prospect. Him getting additional match practice and development time in Vancouver is beneficial for Bayern.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think Dallas traded him for very little because they thought he regressed. He wasn't even starting for them much of this season.
I don't know. I still have high hopes for him. He just didn't go overseas when he should have. I think Dallas is going through a bit of a rebuild now. With Diaz and now Acosta gone, they don't have much there.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Seattle apparently looking into Hurtado over in Portugal. That on top of Ruidiaz and Lodeiro gives them a nice attacking core in their prime. I expect Ruidiaz to help them big time in the stretch run and then finish top 5-ish in goals next season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Seattle apparently looking into Hurtado over in Portugal. That on top of Ruidiaz and Lodeiro gives them a nice attacking core in their prime. I expect Ruidiaz to help them big time in the stretch run and then finish top 5-ish in goals next season.
I really hope so. Seattle's games right now are so boring. They need speed bad. With Morris out, they have no pace at all aside from Ruidiaz (who if I remember correctly isn't the fastest either). I think that they need a winger more than anything though.

Ruidiaz
VRod-Lodeiro-winger
Roldan-Alonso/Svensson
Nouhou/Francis-Marshall-Torres-Leerdam

Looking solid if they can bring in a speedy winger. They have been linked to Yannis Salibur who is a straight speedster. He would look amazing there. Biggest problem is he would have to be a DP. Dempsey should be coming off the bench at this point. He has not looked very good this season. I think he will probably retire pretty soon. Roldan is probably the future for this team. For the sake of the Sounders, I hope he's not sold overseas, but for the sake of the USMNT, I hope he is. He is a fantastic player and leader already. Best pick in the 2015 draft for sure.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Ruidiaz is actually quite fast - he's no Morris but looks like Usain Bolt compared to Bruin. Like you said, they need a winger badly on top of this and Hurtado checks that box for sure.

I'm a huge Roldan fan too. I would love to see him get a shot in a mid-lower table Bundeslia squad.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Doubt it. I'm just saying its really insecure of LAFC to limit the number of supporters groups tickets. I mean the Galaxy gave LAFC two whole sections at the Stub Hub Center when we hosted them earlier this year.

I honestly can't blame them. Whether or not their ownership group feels related to Chivas USA, it's comforting for their fans, who most likely used to be Chivas fans. They took abuse from Galaxy fans for being tenants in Carson for years. Now they have their own ground. I say let them be.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20180724_235933.jpg

Ready for tomorrow!!!!!! 914 United are an annoyance, the scum are our REAL rivals. Hate DC. Then. Now. Forever!!!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
f*** them. Hope you destroy them, the Riot Squad are our brothers for life for how they took care of us the week of the 2008 Final in Carson. BIKE JOUSTING FOREVER!!!!!

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Yeah, this game isn't going to be starting anytime soon. The concourses in here are flooded to the point they are a river, and there is a lake near the main entrance dangerously close to electrical outlets. This place is one giant design flaw.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Ruidiaz has been pretty invisible in the first 45 for Seattle. Made a few good runs but also had a few bad turnovers. Pretty meh right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad