MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Setting aside the fact that the Galaxy did not get any help from VAR tonight, I'm sick and tired of giving up leads. Its like ****ing clockwork

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Brad Smith given his debut today for Seattle. Absolutely fantastic half from him. His speed stands out in a big way. He’s the player we were looking for to replace Jones.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Late drama in Seattle. Basically Ruidiaz ran into Ziegler and then Ziegler got sent off. That red card could be overturned but then Ziegler pushed the AR so I could see him getting suspended for that. After that Dallas players starting coming after Seattle players with a couple of hard fouls. The ref had enough and called game. Afterward Torres and Lamah had to be separated. Multiple staff members had to be separated. I could see a few bans/things to be looked at from this game.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I love that logo. If they go with a pink/black kit design I will be thrilled.

I didn't like the Florida teams at first, but if they're going to wear tremendous and underutilized colours like pink and purple then I can't help but love em.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I knew this would be a bad day. Seattle is rolling, Galaxy reeling. No Zlatan, Gio, Jona, Allessandrini, Ciani (not that he would've helped). You would have never guessed that this team has the highest paid defense in the league. Its flat out embarrassing. Every single goal has been caused by simple mistakes.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I knew this would be a bad day. Seattle is rolling, Galaxy reeling. No Zlatan, Gio, Jona, Allessandrini, Ciani (not that he would've helped). You would have never guessed that this team has the highest paid defense in the league. Its flat out embarrassing. Every single goal has been caused by simple mistakes.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Seattle is definitely playing well but none of these goals are on highlight reel plays. All of them have come from capitalizing on LA’s mistakes.

Reactions: kingsboy11

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
It definitely doesn't "need" a team in the city. MLS was improving year after year in many regards without one and it's clear that teams like LAFC and Atlanta have done more to elevate the league than NYCFC ever has.

It's embarrassing that any games on that postage stamp are on national television. NYCFC has a ton of talent and can play an attractive brand of soccer on their best day. The Hudson Derby games at RBA are usually played at a much higher level. It is impossible for the game to get into any kind of rhythm at Yankee Stadium. Players can't bring the ball down most of the time without someone breathing down their neck which results in twice as many headers/lofted balls than on a normal field. Also, it is impossible to play the ball out wide since the 18 is essentially on the touchline. Hell, when NYCFC was down to 9 men last night, it still seemed like they could have a defender near the ball and closing down lanes without any fear of being caught out. It is a disgrace that non-MLS fans or casuals flip on FS1 and see that BS.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The Third Fail outdid themselves with the tifo on Red Bull killing teams. First was they referenced the wrong Leipzig team in the tifo, second CFG has done the same exact thing (see Melbourne Hearts), third (and this is the best part) they totally stole the tifo from Montreal (and this is the second time they stole a tifo idea from another supporters group). One of our supporters just destroyed them in the most savage way possible by saying we were going to respond with a tifo memorializing all the people their owners have killed.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Playing games on a joke baseball pitch makes MLS look MINOR LEAGUE. Nothing else. People look and say " well the league still is a joke, why can't we have a serious league here of real soccer"?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad