MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Jason Kreis out of Orlando.

About time.

You serious? Only about 3 or 4 games too late but we still got a chance at the playoffs if they get the new hire right.

Not sure whi they go after, saw someone say Porter before who has a good MLS track record I just want them to go away from another MLS retread and look outside the box. They got the money and some decent attack minded players to attract a decent hire.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Desperate signing from DC today to try and temporarily put asses in he seats of the new stadium.

Probably 2/3 dozen attackers in the World Cup itself that would be realistic and better signings.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Desperate signing from DC today to try and temporarily put asses in he seats of the new stadium.

Probably 2/3 dozen attackers in the World Cup itself that would be realistic and better signings.

Rooney is gonna die the first training session. He's spent his entire life in climates where mid 60s is considered 'hot'. MLS is a summer league, and he's signed for a team in a city where 80s/90s with high humidity is common from May to September.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Rooney is gonna die the first training session. He's spent his entire life in climates where mid 60s is considered 'hot'. MLS is a summer league, and he's signed for a team in a city where 80s/90s with high humidity is common from May to September.

So true - can't wait to see the NYRB press suffocating Rooney by the 35th min.

Forget the games in Dallas and Houston

Reactions: sabremike

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Looks like Marsch is out at NYRB. This is a big step up for him. Plus it'll be good for Tyler Adams when he joins Leipzig at the end of the MLS season to have a coach familiar with him.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Looks like Marsch is out at NYRB. This is a big step up for him. Plus it'll be good for Tyler Adams when he joins Leipzig at the end of the MLS season to have a coach familiar with him.

Is he going to Leipzig or Salzburg? I thought I read that it was Salzburg.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Armas with his touching tribute to "Clever" Hans Backe using only one sub (and in the 85th minute no less!) yesterday. Jesus Christ. But it also needs to be said the game was a total joke being played on a fustal sized pitch with guys slipping on the turf so it was hopefully just a terrible abnormality for us. Basically 90 minutes of head tennis and guys hoofing the ball because of the ridiculous pitch dimensions.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Orlando is God awful, 9 straight loses and a -16 goal differential. I don't even think Mourinho could park the bus and keep a clean sheet with this garbage team. Not sure where to go with this team, they have decent enough players that they shouldn't be this bad and made a coaching change but nothing yet. They are slowly going the way of the Magic of not putting out a winning product and will start to lose their fanbase like the Magic have. At least the magic have some good players coming up that can make them good again while I see nothing promising in City's future.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Nice win by the only MLS team in New York State.
That's almost as lame as your tifo game *hums The Muppet Show theme*

In other news in 2 weeks I will be at Audi Field with the ESC to see Metro beat up Rooney and the DC scum. Maybe they brought over some of those raccoons from RFK to infest the new place.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
That's almost as lame as your tifo game *hums The Muppet Show theme*

In other news in 2 weeks I will be at Audi Field with the ESC to see Metro beat up Rooney and the DC scum. Maybe they brought over some of those raccoons from RFK to infest the new place.
Yea but I don't think anyone else can do much better in a baseball stadium.

Let me know how it is, planning on trip down to Audi myself. So far I have been to RB Arena, Yankee Stadium (obviously). Gillette Stadium, and StubHub.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hunt for New York City F.C.’s Stadium Site Is Back Where It Began: the Bronx

'By Charles V. Bagli
  • July 11, 2018
After five years of prowling New York City and Long Island, New York City Football Club, the Major League Soccer franchise owned by the Yankees and a royal billionaire from Abu Dhabi, may have finally found a site for its own stadium.

In the Bronx. Right near Yankee Stadium. Exactly where team owners said they wanted to build in 2013. Back then, the plan unraveled when negotiations with the city fell apart.

If approved this time around, the stadium would sit amid a 20-acre, multibillion-dollar development stretching along East 153rd Street and River Avenue, between Yankee Stadium and the Bronx Terminal Market, that would include a park, a hotel and conference center focused on soccer and sports, shops, office space, a school and as many as 3,000 affordable apartments...

Alicia Glen, deputy mayor for housing and economic development and a soccer fan, said discussions with the team are ongoing. But cautioned that nothing is final. The city has also been talking to the team about another site — next to Citi Field at Willets Point, Queens — that has been a perennial candidate for redevelopment...'

Sep 19, 2008

Did you see where DC United were able to reach an agreement with their supporter groups (La Barra Brava , District United, Screaming Eagles)?

Reactions: Fro

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Kellyn Acosta to the Rapids, he isn't going to get his career back on track with this team. Rapids are sending Badji, 1st and international slot in '18 and '19.

Rapids strikers are Boli and McBean lmao

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Going to Audi Field on Wednesday so pray for me that I don't get injured by falling debris. I'm bringing rolls of duct tape just in case.

Reactions: Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad