MLS Thread: Enter Zlatan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Well, I dont think anyone can doubt Cincinnati deserves a team. 20k attendance on average playing outside MLS is unheard of.

30k average when facing MLS teams

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Oh yes, I have my concerns on if that'll stick or not, but they showed the support and when the MLS is rapidly expanding they're going to flock to any market that shows that kind of support, this was very much an inevitability.

I'm still a Pittsburgher who wouldn't take a shit in Cincinnati :laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The truth is that most Americans are not good enough for RFPL and those that are have better options, that’s the only reason there’s no Americans in Russian football, not politics.

Most aren't good enough for the best teams in the RFPL. Its a top heavy league, like the KHL, and the lesser teams are not much or any better than MLS teams.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Orlando is garbage. Sack Kreis now or watch the season go down the drain again and miss the playoffs yet again.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Toronto DEFINITELY did. :laugh:

Has an MLS Cup champ ever missed the playoffs the following year?

Toronto basically sacrificed the season for the sake of the Champions League. Our entire back line is completely broken.

I 100% think they will get it together once the backline is finally healthy and squeak into the playoffs.

To be totally honest though, as a TFC supporter, I am more interested in winning the Canadian Championship right now because that is our easiest path back to the CCL. The MLS season will sort itself out eventually.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Toronto basically sacrificed the season for the sake of the Champions League. Our entire back line is completely broken.

I 100% think they will get it together once the backline is finally healthy and squeak into the playoffs.

To be totally honest though, as a TFC supporter, I am more interested in winning the Canadian Championship right now because that is our easiest path back to the CCL. The MLS season will sort itself out eventually.

Hey, I wouldn't trade anything they did over the last six months to change where they are now. Not at all.

I was at the last two MLS Cup Finals, and revenge sure felt amazing. :yo:

Reactions: Pilky01

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I was at the 2016 final. It stung...but I was also at the semi final the week before, the come from behind, second leg, extra time thriller against Montreal...so that softened the blow.

Couldn't get tickets for the 2017 final, but instead watched it from the Brazen Head just down the street from BMO (I actually had a view of the stadium from my seat at the bar) so that was a great (and cheap) replacement.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I was at the 2016 final. It stung...but I was also at the semi final the week before, the come from behind, second leg, extra time thriller against Montreal...so that softened the blow.

Couldn't get tickets for the 2017 final, but instead watched it from the Brazen Head just down the street from BMO (I actually had a view of the stadium from my seat at the bar) so that was a great (and cheap) replacement.

2016 was a great run up until that last game. I was at the game vs. Montreal as well, squeezed in on those bleachers they put behind the net. Holy hell did it get loud, and all of us jumping up and down made me somewhat nervous about the structural integrity there. :laugh:

Surprised you even got into Brazen Head for that game, must've been a hell of a wait. I've never done the march but I know how crowded it gets there during pregame.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
2016 was a great run up until that last game. I was at the game vs. Montreal as well, squeezed in on those bleachers they put behind the net. Holy hell did it get loud. :laugh:

Surprised you even got into Brazen Head for that game, must've been a hell of a wait. I've never done the march but I know how crowded it gets there during pregame.

Haha. We were on the same temporary stand.

I was shocked but there was basically no line up. I think because all the supporters had just cleared out, and people were also moving over to the outdoor viewing area (which was way too f***ing cold to enjoy). Me and my buddy got prime seats on the second floor right at the bar. It was tremendous!

I got an amazing video of the pre-game supporters march before the 2016 final. Especially glad I got it because in 2017 the game started earlier so the march wouldn't have been in the dark, so the flares would have looked less cool.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Haha. We were on the same temporary stand.

I was shocked but there was basically no line up. I think because all the supporters had just cleared out, and people were also moving over to the outdoor viewing area (which was way too ****ing cold to enjoy). Me and my buddy got prime seats on the second floor right at the bar. It was tremendous!

I got an amazing video of the pre-game supporters march before the 2016 final. Especially glad I got it because in 2017 the game started earlier so the march wouldn't have been in the dark, so the flares would have looked less cool.

Damn, sweet deal.

I haven't made it down to a game this year, looks like I haven't missed much. Maybe later this summer I'll check my bud (a lifer with season tickets) for an extra seat or two. :laugh:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Damn, sweet deal.

I haven't made it down to a game this year, looks like I haven't missed much. Maybe later this summer I'll check my bud (a lifer with season tickets) for an extra seat or two. :laugh:

I went to the Champions League game against America, but that is it.

I am not a fan of all these these Friday night games.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
I still think Toronto is gonna be fine and make the playoffs. The top of the East is ridiculous however. Atlanta, NYCFC, Red Bulls and even Columbus are all really, really good sides.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I still think Toronto is gonna be fine and make the playoffs. The top of the East is ridiculous however. Atlanta, NYCFC, Red Bulls and even Columbus are all really, really good sides.
...and only the first two of those get any respect whatsoever from the league. More's the pity, that.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
At this point, Schmeltzer needs to go. You don’t go from a cup finalist to a bottom team this quickly. The only real piece they lost is Jones and he wasn’t even playing LB! It’s insane. Morris was key to this team but even he was injured for most of last year. This is just insane. Something needs to change. It was obvious Dempsey is in decline. It was obvious Bruin isn’t good enough. Lodeiro and Roldan can’t do everything. This team sucks and they need a new coach and a new system and this summer they need to spend big on a striker or they aren’t making the playoffs.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Watching our C team pummel a trash boy city side last night in the Open Cup was so much fun. They have never won a single cup match in their history #NYISRED #NJISRED #METROISRED

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Went to FCC vs Minnesota game. Both teams looked horrible - couldn’t string 3 passes together, barely any creativity, no fast attacks.

As a result, quite mediocre 120 minutes without goals and loss in penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->