MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Alex Ring to Austin

Djordie Mihailovic to Montreal

Atlanta just acquired the number 1 overall pick in the re-entry draft today so expect them to add a player today. I was looking at the list and I have no idea who they’re looking at.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Alex Ring to Austin

Djordie Mihailovic to Montreal

Atlanta just acquired the number 1 overall pick in the re-entry draft today so expect them to add a player today. I was looking at the list and I have no idea who they’re looking at.
Atlanta takes Andrew Gutman. With Castillo leaving, I guess this makes sense. Probably going to be a Gutman/Bello platoon at LB.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is Mihailovic a good player-fit for the Impact?
Don’t watch enough of them to know for sure. Basically he’s a 10 turned into a winger. I see a lot of Harry Shipp in his game but maybe a little more creative.

Timbers sign left back Claudio Bravo. They believe he will be a top 5 left back in the league. In all honesty though, I’m not sure that’s very impressive. Top 5 left backs are Mataritta, Hollingshead, Valenzuela, Brad Smith, and Buttner? Maybe have Villafana, Gaspar, Vines, or Gaspar in there? Not like it’s some amazing list.

Reactions: Pouchkine

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
Heinze is now officially Atlanta United manager, he will be introduced next week

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Atlanta was a great spot for those guys when they had Tata Martino. The train left when he did, b it that paycheck is probably still nice compared to Argentina league.

still mad USA didn’t hire Martino and let Mexico get him.
Yeah those guys really developed for the NT nicely lool.???

Stupid Argentina never paid Tata and he left I mean who would work for ZERO money? He had a great vision/project he wanted to set up. they threw it away

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Greg Vanney is about to be the next coach for the Galaxy. When are they going to realize it’s not the coach, it’s the team. They are not good.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Greg Vanney is about to be the next coach for the Galaxy. When are they going to realize it’s not the coach, it’s the team. They are not good.

wish they would've just given the job to kinnear

this is nothing more than re-arranging chairs on the deck. nothing will change for the better until chris klein is gone

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
wish they would've just given the job to kinnear

this is nothing more than re-arranging chairs on the deck. nothing will change for the better until chris klein is gone
Honestly that team is just not good. Chicharito I’ve said since the beginning will not be good in the MLS because he doesn’t create chances for himself. Pavon and JdS are really good and two of the best players in the league at their positions. Lleget is a good glue piece. Other than that they have a couple really good prospects (Araujo, Alvarez) but the rest is average at best.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Honestly that team is just not good. Chicharito I’ve said since the beginning will not be good in the MLS because he doesn’t create chances for himself. Pavon and JdS are really good and two of the best players in the league at their positions. Lleget is a good glue piece. Other than that they have a couple really good prospects (Araujo, Alvarez) but the rest is average at best.
their backline is also non-existent

you'd think that would've been the priority last offseason after the playoff loss to lafc but nope. they had to find their new big name to replace zlatan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
their backline is also non-existent

you'd think that would've been the priority last offseason after the playoff loss to lafc but nope. they had to find their new big name to replace zlatan
They are in talks to get Villafana so if they get him and one good CB it will be a lot better. They could go out and sign Besler, Ciman, DLG, Larentowicz, Sjoberg, Torres, or Waston and they’d be good enough. Hopefully Chicharito and Pavon can do enough offensively and they could be back in the playoffs.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm happy with Vanney over Kinnear. I know the players like Kinnear a lot so I think its good to still have him around. Just need to let Vanney have a lot more say over the roster decisions. Just baffles my mind that Klein is still around and basically made Te Klose take responsibility.

Reactions: Gecklund

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They are in talks to get Villafana so if they get him and one good CB it will be a lot better. They could go out and sign Besler, Ciman, DLG, Larentowicz, Sjoberg, Torres, or Waston and they’d be good enough. Hopefully Chicharito and Pavon can do enough offensively and they could be back in the playoffs.
pavon staying is no sure thing. if i were him, i'd go back to boca. wouldn't blame him for not wanting to be part of that mess. and i have no faith in chicharito to do anything. that guy's head is not in the right place

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
LAFC beat Club America and is going to Champion's League Final!

Hope they win. A sentiment I am sure rest of you will share.
As much as I dislike LAFC in league play, I agree. Also them overcoming an absolute shitshow of a ref and Ochoa being a clown is fantastic. That was a disgrace.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah, if it was any other MLS side in that position (aside from SJ) i'd be cheering for them no problem

but its lafc. f*ck them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad