MLS Thread: 2020 Edition

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Made sense a decade ago when buying an MLS team was only a few weeks of Messi’s salary. Now they are a year or twos worth, it’s a little harder.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I generally try to avoid deadpool discussion on something like this, especially given how astronomically unlikely it is, but the ironic idea that they might end up targeting RSL suddenly leapt into my head and absolutely will not let go.
lol @ the idea of Messi playing in utah.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
It's less that and more the idea/hope that we'd put an end to this "Real" nonsense once and for all, at the hands of those who have more cause than most to want to see it vanquished.
If they are changing it to Salt Lake City FC or Utah United then f*** that.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why am I seeing Phil Neville linked to Inter Miami job? Did they sack Alonso?
Officially, so far as I can tell it's still the whole "no, no, we didn't actually fire him, that was a misunderstanding" situation from a couple weeks back. But who the f*** knows, it's Miami.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Chicago Fire crest to remain for 2021 season then be revamped again for 2022/23, the 25th season of the Fire
"No. no, the crest wasn't actually all that terrible. We're only changing it because... um... :flips through calendar frantically: ...ah! Our 25th anniversary! Yeah! That's why it's changing. Exactly that."

Reactions: kingsboy11

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Sac had problems before they were awarded a franchise too. MLS not short suitors...

I personally think long term, Sam Diego is a much better market anyways...

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Sac had problems before they were awarded a franchise too. MLS not short suitors...

I personally think long term, Sam Diego is a much better market anyways...
It’s not a much better market. Even though the Republic aren’t an MLS team they are very popular here. Also they already said it’s not going to effect the Sac bid.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I am so happy for Jordan Morris that he is going to Swansea. He should do really well there. He has given Seattle years of service and won the clubs first two MLS cups. With that said, Seattle now becomes one of the most interesting teams to watch this off-season. They have really no wingers. They have a solid midfield in Roldan, Joao Paulo, Lodeiro who are all tireless workers. They have solid CBs and LBs as well as a question mark at RB (who deserves the opportunity). Ruidiaz is obviously solid. Their depth though is just blah. For proven depth they got Bruin, Delem, Smith/Nouhou, O’Neill. For unproven depth they have some really good prospects in Leyva, Hopeau, Atencio, Ocampo-Chavez. They also have internationals in Lodeiro, Roldan, Ruidiaz, Delem, Arreaga that they have to cover for. This team isn’t making the playoffs as currently constructed.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

I'm still going to call them the Impact

I am calling them Club Foot FC.

Screw them. Another garbage generic name. Albeit this time, in french.

They couldn't at the very least go with Olympique Montreal?

How about putting out a winning team instead of rebranding to some generic garbage ass names, MLS?

When are the Galaxy changing their name to Los Angeles United?

Tired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad