MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Neither of those sources are all that accurate. They definitely could be true but I doubt it especially the Mail which is just absolute trash.

Expansion protected lists were released.
2019 MLS Expansion Draft: Official list of players eligible for selection

I’m thinking Brandon Vasquez, Alvas Powell, Waylon Francis, Mohammed El-Munir, Abu Danladi, Evan Bush, Jalil Anibaba, Ben Sweat, Harry Shipp, and Joe Bendnik are taken.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Evan Bush is a terrible keeper, laughing stock bad this year, and just look at his salary. If you want to take him do so!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Evan Bush is a terrible keeper, laughing stock bad this year, and just look at his salary. If you want to take him do so!
Yeah he was bad this year but in years past he was good. Just look at Tyler Miller who literally played one game the year before he was taken.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
No he had one decent year not more. He makes some nice highlight reel saves from time to time but in the meantime he gives up a ton of weak goals because of bad positioning and no ability to command his defence + he is the worst keeper I have ever seen with the ball.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
No he had one decent year not more. He makes some nice highlight reel saves from time to time but in the meantime he gives up a ton of weak goals because of bad positioning and no ability to command his defence + he is the worst keeper I have ever seen with the ball.
In all honesty if this was coming from someone else I might believe it but I’ve never once seen you say anything positive.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
You must be blind or can't read. Just last week I said Seattle scored a fantastic 2nd goal.

I watched almost all Impact games since Bush is there and my opinion is the same as the vast majority of fans.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'd have to look at the list of available goalies, but Bush is kind of like Greiss or Reimer or Bernier. Definitely not the best option as a starter, but could fill a spot in a pinch. Not saying he's good, but I could Miami taking a flyer on a former MLS starter

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Maybe but his salary is quite high. Like I said he can make some incredible saves but overall his weaknesses are too big.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Maybe but his salary is quite high. Like I said he can make some incredible saves but overall his weaknesses are too big.

Gonna have to agree with pouch here, seems lately in the expansion drafts if teams aren’t picking up a real difference maker (ie Zimmerman). Teams would rather just pick up a ton of cheap players and leave room for signing foreign players/trades from other teams. Is Bush really that much better than a replacement level player to justify a higher salary?

Then again there also seems to be 2 different models...LAFC/Atlanta where you invest and go for it. And Minny/Cincy where you sit in your hands and hope fans don’t care your expansion product is complete trash.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Gonna have to agree with pouch here, seems lately in the expansion drafts if teams aren’t picking up a real difference maker (ie Zimmerman). Teams would rather just pick up a ton of cheap players and leave room for signing foreign players/trades from other teams. Is Bush really that much better than a replacement level player to justify a higher salary?

Then again there also seems to be 2 different models...LAFC/Atlanta where you invest and go for it. And Minny/Cincy where you sit in your hands and hope fans don’t care your expansion product is complete trash.
Bush might be taken if other teams "scouts" have not done their job properly.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I’m thinking Miami will be closer to LAFC/Atlanta and Nashville will be closer to Minnesota this year.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Expansion draft happening now

So far

Miami took Ben Sweat, Alvas Powell, Lee Nyugen, Luis Argudo, Bryan Meredith
Nashville took Abu Danladi, Zarek Valentin, Jalil Anibaba, Brandon Vasquez, Jimmy Medranda

really good draft for both teams. Both getting quality players, high upside for some, others high floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Wonder if Nashville is going to retain some of their USL players.
Well they traded Vasquez and Valentin and got Willis, Zendejas, and Lovitz.

They actually look pretty solid. Not gonna top the league or anything but pretty solid.

right now probably looking at something like

Rios
Accam-Muktar-Leal
McCarty-Jones/Godoy
Lovitz-Romney-CB-RB
Willis

whereas Miami right now
Pellegrini-Carranza-RW
Argudo-Acosta
Ulloa
Sweat-Makoun-CB-Powell
GK

Right now I would take Nashville’s roster. Now obviously it’s VERY early and things will definitely change and there’s the possibility that all the young guys for Miami (in my lineup 4 are 19) could explode. Also I could see Miami getting an impact MLS player by trading the 1st and 3rd (acquired today) entry picks in the draft. My first thought is someone like Kljestan.

Reactions: Basement Cat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

This aint it

Well, that's a relief for me. Not only do I no longer have to give the Fire any credit whatsoever for doing anything right (previously I had to acknowledge that they'd nailed their badge from the start), they've also added the "FC" to their name so I don't have to mention them explicitly when folks ask me about the teams I hate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad