MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I think people are being a little harsh on yesterdays game. I thought it was entertaining, there were many moments of great skill by Poz and others on TFC. Thought it was decently exciting overall, could have been better for sure, but it was not some terribly boring game.
I think to you and me it was entertaining because our teams were in it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
One thing to look forward to is that this seems like the best time for an MLS team to with the CCL. Montreal isn’t great but can cause some problems. LAFC and Atlanta are obvious. Seattle was outplayed and still won 3-1. All of these teams have a chance to go far.

Trade window opens in a few hours. Rumors that I’ve seen so far:
Tyler Miller to Rapids or Nashville
Daniel Lovitz possibly moving
Wil Trapp possibly moving
Fanedo Adi on the block
A swap of Dom Dwyer and Darwin Quintero
Nagbe to Crew
Emmanuel Boateng and Ulysses Segura on the block
Quincy Amarikwa to Nashville
Dave Romney and Dax McCarty to Nashville confirmations

I expect about 3 of these done in the next few days in addition to Romney/McCarty pretty much done. I think we see Nagbe, Amarikwa, and Miller moved and then another player that no one really expects.

Last edited:

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Zlatan leaving the Galaxy. I'm not surprised really. I thought it was about 50/50 that he'd stay or leave. I'm sad to see him leave, but having a guy like him kind of handcuffed how the Galaxy played when he was in the lineup.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
welp

he sure made LAG entertaining to watch. it'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Y'know, it's funny. When I started following the Timbers, there were two primary reasons for it: #1 being **** Seattle and their tampering coach-stealing ways (the most egregious "**** off and die" we ever got from MLS until the relocation threat), and #2 being Nagbe and Porter. Now, officially, I'm only down to the one reason.

Pretty much the same price Atlanta paid to get him too, only they mostly gave up GAM while we mostly gave up TAM.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
The team is desperate to sell tickets it seems. He can't do worse than the last coach can he?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Henry coming to Canada is something I never thought I would hear..Kind of cool, definitely a ticket selling mechanism.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Y'know, it's funny. When I started following the Timbers, there were two primary reasons for it: #1 being **** Seattle and their tampering coach-stealing ways (the most egregious "**** off and die" we ever got from MLS until the relocation threat), and #2 being Nagbe and Porter. Now, officially, I'm only down to the one reason.

Pretty much the same price Atlanta paid to get him too, only they mostly gave up GAM while we mostly gave up TAM.
Well now Seattle has a single minded coach and fun players so you can switch over for Morris/Roldan/Lodeiro/Ruidiaz and cause f*** Portland for getting rid of Nagbe and Porter! Also f*** Portland

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well now Seattle has a single minded coach and fun players so you can switch over for Morris/Roldan/Lodeiro/Ruidiaz and cause **** Portland for getting rid of Nagbe and Porter! Also **** Portland
Nope, sorry. My bitterness over the Sigi affair is eternal.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
I may now be interested in buying some tickets even though I don't rate MLS.
What's the logic? Buying a ticket to see an unproven coach? The club needs lots of new quality players to be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad