MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Safe to say the Chicago Fire rebrand isn't going that well. If they were serious about this they probably should've let the fans vote on the new logo.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
It appears Miami is trying to appoint Vieira for their manager after Gallardo turned them down. Orlando still looking for new manager but Twellman tweeted it could be Pareja who was sacked recently in Liga MX

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It appears Miami is trying to appoint Vieira for their manager after Gallardo turned them down. Orlando still looking for new manager but Twellman tweeted it could be Pareja who was sacked recently in Liga MX
I saw the Vieira stuff but does he really leave Nice for the MLS? I mean isn’t Nice like 5 points back of a CL spot? Also is the Pareja firing official yet? Seen lots of talk but haven’t seen any official confirmation.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Couple quick rumors

SKC, SJ, OSC, and CFFC are interested in striker Alan Pulido with Earthquakes looking closest.

Galaxy interested in Ignacio Fernandez.

Drew Moor signed a one year deal to come back to Colorado.

Seattle interested in Derlis Gonzalez again to replace V-Rod.

Right now Colorado looks interesting. They do need some more dynamic attacking help but if they all can figure out their roles I could see then making some noise.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Nashville in the west makes no damn sense. Especially if it is just going to be for one season. Its not like MLS never had unbalanced conferences before.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I think the idea would be to have 14 in the East and 12 in the west. I actually think having Chicago in the West makes a lot of sense.
Instant rivalry with Minnesota and and incoming St.Louis team. Nashville has Atlanta in the East, along with Cincinnati and soon, Charlotte.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

interesting they made the decision for the next team so quickly

Honestly it’s not that interesting. Charlotte is a lousy market (not even the best market for soccer in North Carolina) for MLS but they have a Billionaire owner with NFL buddies. Money talked here. Nothing else to say.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Soccer is very popular in North America and MLS bosses want as much money in their pocket now.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Nice move by SKC bringing in Pulido. Meanwhile my RBNY will trot out a mixture of White/Barlow/Jorgenson at striker. Maybe we'll get some romanian second dvision striker for depth.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Honestly it’s not that interesting. Charlotte is a lousy market (not even the best market for soccer in North Carolina) for MLS but they have a Billionaire owner with NFL buddies. Money talked here. Nothing else to say.
We’ve done really good with the International games... They will play at BOA until Memorial is built is what I figure.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reactions: Unsustainable

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->