MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Another example of a very poor kept secret in the MLS. Austin officially granted a new expansion team that starts in 2021.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Dw-9hZtVsAARpC9.jpg:large

This is pathetic. "Vamos El Tree" :laugh::laugh:

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Dw-9hZtVsAARpC9.jpg:large

This is pathetic. "Vamos El Tree" :laugh::laugh:

Don't sleep on the chant that celebrates their city council -- wasn't even a unanimous vote! That is the lamest thing I have seen in a long time.

I'm sure the people of Austin are nice. I'm happy they'll have a team and, it's not their fault the MLS/Garber and Precourt are scheming, sniveling weasels. BUT boy it'll be fun to root for the total failure of this franchise. It'll suit all those clowns right (leaders, not fans).

but at a high level, the whole Austin ordeal has been an embarrassment for the MLS and its owners.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Don't sleep on the chant that celebrates their city council -- wasn't even a unanimous vote! That is the lamest thing I have seen in a long time.

I'm sure the people of Austin are nice. I'm happy they'll have a team and, it's not their fault the MLS/Garber and Precourt are scheming, sniveling weasels. BUT boy it'll be fun to root for the total failure of this franchise. It'll suit all those clowns right (leaders, not fans).

but at a high level, the whole Austin ordeal has been an embarrassment for the MLS and its owners.

I've been supportive of Garber and MLS expansion, but how they handled Columbus was just disgraceful almost stealing that club. I'm also laughing at the "One of our own" chant considering if the Crew did move, none of those players would've been their own. I'd never root for a team to fail (sans Chivas) except for this.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
I've been supportive of Garber and MLS expansion, but how they handled Columbus was just disgraceful almost stealing that club. I'm also laughing at the "One of our own" chant considering if the Crew did move, none of those players would've been their own. I'd never root for a team to fail (sans Chivas) except for this.

Don't forget the cities like San Antonio and Detroit and Phoenix who are getting screwed out of an expansion slot. Especially San Antonio. The MLS engaged with that city and encouraged them to pursue expansion knowing full well that it gave Precourt an out to relocate to Austin years earlier. That's the definition of bad faith. San Antonio never had a shot. And now that the MLS so thoroughly bungled its attempt to steal Columbus, Austin has taken an expansion slot, which screws another city (whichever one would have been next in line for this round).
Garbage business by garbage people.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Don't forget the cities like San Antonio and Detroit and Phoenix who are getting screwed out of an expansion slot. Especially San Antonio. The MLS engaged with that city and encouraged them to pursue expansion knowing full well that it gave Precourt an out to relocate to Austin years earlier. That's the definition of bad faith. San Antonio never had a shot. And now that the MLS so thoroughly bungled its attempt to steal Columbus, Austin has taken an expansion slot, which screws another city (whichever one would have been next in line for this round).
Garbage business by garbage people.
And Sacramento.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
https://www.tsn.ca/tfc-s-giovinco-to-be-sold-to-saudi-club-team-1.1249734

Yesterday morning TSN broke a story that said there were rumblings that Gio was leaving TFC, and a transfer to a Saudi team was underway.

TFC scrambled and insisted Giovinco left camp due to some medical issue, and that they were committed to keeping him around.

Now this comes out. :shakehead

Just lost their best player. Hope they've got a great backup plan!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah a good Plan B is going to be needed hear. Sucks to see Seba go; it was a treat to see someone of his quality in Toronto on a weekly basis so I thank him for that and the trophies he played a big part in winning.

On the other hand that frees up a lot of money and a DP spot so let's see what this team can do with a new look. Plus @ 32 his best days are behind him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hw is the GOAT MLS player. We were the worst franchise in MLS prior to his signing and he pretty much single handily made them champions. 2015-2017 along with 2018 CWC were fun as hell, not sure if we'll ever reach that peak with Miami, LAFC and other plastic clubs coming in.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
https://www.tsn.ca/tfc-s-giovinco-to-be-sold-to-saudi-club-team-1.1249734

Yesterday morning TSN broke a story that said there were rumblings that Gio was leaving TFC, and a transfer to a Saudi team was underway.

TFC scrambled and insisted Giovinco left camp due to some medical issue, and that they were committed to keeping him around.

Now this comes out. :shakehead

Just lost their best player. Hope they've got a great backup plan!
Even better; he's claiming via Instagram that he was basically chased out by TFC management.

Giovinco joins Al-Hilal, slams Toronto FC in exit

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Even better; he's claiming via Instagram that he was basically chased out by TFC management.

Giovinco joins Al-Hilal, slams Toronto FC in exit

Yup, saw that earlier as well.

Even though he's getting up there in age, and his play regressed last season - hell, the whole team slumped, first ever MLS Cup champs to miss the playoffs the following year, I believe - it's still sad to see Gio go.

Best player this team's ever seen, and it's really not close.

Not sure what TFC or MLSE's next move is here, because now they've got an angry group of season ticket holders who JUST renewed their seats, only to now find out that the team just gave up on its' best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00