MLS Thread: 2019 Edition

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don’t know if a Galaxy fan is the best judge of a fan base..... both LA teams have awful fanbases.

nah

LAFC fans are mostly just in it for the hype and/or to start **** with galaxy fans. it's gonna get real bad when they start losing regularly

Reactions: sabremike

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What, you don't think Atlanta being awarded a penalty every single match is on the level??? My favorite MLS reffing story was in the 2015 East Final we played vs NE. In the first leg at RBA Jermaine Jones committed a foul that was a complete no doubt about it straight red. IIRC I don't even think he got a yellow. NE won that game (that they should've had to play most of it a man down) 2-1 and we drew the away leg 1-1 (Henry's last pro game) in a game Jones should've been suspended for and were knocked out. Afterwards in an interview the ref actually said the league instructed them not to send off any of the DP's. Obviously the league had to do damage control and the guy walked it back big time. The league pretty much lucked out that they were below the radar at the time.
I never said that Atlanta doesn’t get calls or anything about any team other than the Timbers. I said the MLS needs to fix the reffing and you just gave other examples as to why.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I never said that Atlanta doesn’t get calls or anything about any team other than the Timbers. I said the MLS needs to fix the reffing and you just gave other examples as to why.
You couldn't see that was a joke about the horrible and corrupt officiating that plagues MLS?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
nah

LAFC fans are mostly just in it for the hype and/or to start **** with galaxy fans. it's gonna get real bad when they start losing regularly
Their fans refusing to stop shouting an anti gay slur on goal kicks and pelting the RSL players with garbage only to see Petkie's boys knock them out was beautiful.

Reactions: Gecklund

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Their fans refusing to stop shouting an anti gay slur on goal kicks and pelting the RSL players with garbage only to see Petkie's boys knock them out was beautiful.

exactly. its all about the hype right now

once the team starts losing all the hype will die out

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
And I don't get the Carson insult.

Last time I checked Carson was still in LA County.

yeah its extremely lame and makes no sense. there have been plenty of pro teams that have played in a different city than the one in their name

they can't come up with anything better

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
yeah its extremely lame and makes no sense. there have been plenty of pro teams that have played in a different city than the one in their name

they can't come up with anything better
Its one thing if its actually technically incorrect, but LA Galaxy is technically a correct name.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Brad Smith’s loan is extended. It was meant to be up at the end of summer but now it sounds like he’s here until at least the end of the season. Best LB in the MLS.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Brad Smith’s loan is extended. It was meant to be up at the end of summer but now it sounds like he’s here until at least the end of the season. Best LB in the MLS.

It's close, but Kemar Lawrence is the best LB in the league. An absolute machine on defensive side of the game. How he controls the left side of the field is reminiscent of the Revis island days for the NY Jets. Smith is super impressive going forward - definitely has Lawrence beat there. It's a shame RBNY do not give Lawrence more set-piece duty. He has a wicked FK. His ability to recover and kill any counters is probably why they don't have him whipping corners in or standing over dead balls with the intent to put them on frame.

Reactions: sabremike

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What?? People aren't talking about Jorgen Skjelvik, the soccer version of turnstile according to me, as the best left back in the league?? He's only the highest paid defender in the league so that makes him good right??
:cry:

Reactions: Basement Cat

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think the Argentine kid at Columbus is the best LB in MLS right now, but he’s been injured since the beginning of the season. Danny Acosta, formerly of RSL, now with Orlando, probably has the most current ability, but he’s a real head case, from all accounts and can’t stay on the field because of it.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Well with TFC signing the French winger and MTL signing Bojan (yes even if hes expired) the playoff race for the last 2-3 spots would be exciting to watch. Add NYRB on a good day and there is even more parity.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Well with TFC signing the French winger and MTL signing Bojan (yes even if hes expired) the playoff race for the last 2-3 spots would be exciting to watch. Add NYRB on a good day and there is even more parity.

Wow didn't know Bojan signed for MTL. Based on the hype he had when he was younger he's pretty much been a flop.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Wow didn't know Bojan signed for MTL. Based on the hype he had when he was younger he's pretty much been a flop.

You mean he is a major flop :laugh:

He signed just today, not sure if official yet. But he is that type to have some skills but is mentally very weak. No expectations whatsoever.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
After the past weeks gun violence I think the MLS should give Alejandro Bedoya player of the week. After scoring against Atlanta found a mic and yelled, "Congress, do something now. End Gun Violence". Awesome to see him use his platform to advocate for change.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
After the past weeks gun violence I think the MLS should give Alejandro Bedoya player of the week. After scoring against Atlanta found a mic and yelled, "Congress, do something now. End Gun Violence". Awesome to see him use his platform to advocate for change.
I saw that live, he scored and then grabbed a mic. One of the greatest things I've seen on TV.

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
Rooney on his way to Derby?

Wayne Rooney is in advanced talks with Derby County about joining the Championship side as player-coach, according to multiple outlets in the United Kingdom, with sources confirming to ESPN that he is set to meet with club directors on Tuesday.

The Telegraph were first to report the news.

Derby's new Dutch manager Phillip Cocu declined to comment on the reports but Sky said England's record goalscorer was due to fly to the Midlands to discuss the details of the deal.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/derby-county/story/3913546/reports-rooneyderby-in-player-coach-talks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad