MLS - 2023 Season

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Caceres has been absolutely done since he was at Cagliari (2021), why are Galaxy still using him?

He was good last year when he came in, but the whole team is in shambles right now. Just a microcosm of the state of this team

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Why does the TSN team keep insisting that Vancouver has the potential to be a top 4 team in the west? I get that there's a certain imperative for them to pump up the Canadian teams, but is there any merit to it?

The switch to Apple TV mean I only get to see 1 out of 3 Whitecaps games, so I get that there's something I'm possibly missing here.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
LAG's downfall began when klein was given an extension following the 2017 wooden spoon season

but klein and kirovski are just part of the problem at this point. the losing culture begins at the top with AEG's ownership and the fact that they couldn't give two shits about LAG, just as long as they're making AEG money. vanney doesn't get enough blame for this giant mess either with his horrendous signings like cabral and costa. i know the current supporter boycott is mainly focused on klein, but even if that clown is gone, i don't envision much chancing as long as AEG owns the team

in regards to lafc, LAG's biggest downfall over the years was catering to families/soccer moms and going for a more family friendly atmosphere. lafc did the complete opposite and targeted a younger demographic and look how great that's turned out for them. why would anyone want to support LAG when you have a championship team with a loud fanbase, cool logo, colors, and downtown stadium? it's like night and day

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Why does the TSN team keep insisting that Vancouver has the potential to be a top 4 team in the west? I get that there's a certain imperative for them to pump up the Canadian teams, but is there any merit to it?

The switch to Apple TV mean I only get to see 1 out of 3 Whitecaps games, so I get that there's something I'm possibly missing here.
In MLS literally anything can happen but I think I’d have Seattle, LAFC, Austin, St Louis, Dallas, San Jose, and Portland over them. Same level as Minnesota, Houston.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Awful from the Galaxy there and Coulibaly has looked poor so far. They have little by way of attackers too. Riqui looks a class above, but needs better players in front of him.

No way the Galaxy are coming back from 2-1 much less now.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Exciting finish (despite the level of play) and the Galaxy at least came back and could have equalized.

Great to see Riqui again. Good match from him and he hit the post late with a really nice effort from distance. Also set up Chicharito really nice for what should have been the equalizer.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well it ended up being closer than I thought it was going to be. Galaxy always seem to get up when they play against them, but this time it wasn't enough. Effort was there, gameplan was right, just costly mistakes at the worst times. But this game was just the embodiment of the season so far, create chances, dominate possession, don't convert and make costly defensive mistakes.

The signings of Boyd and Rodriguez have been extremely underwhelming despite Boyd's wonder strike today. Efra Alvarez hasn't progressed and Costa doesn't want to be here leaving us absolutely hopeless on the wings. Riqui is head and shoulders above everyone on the team, but he can't do it all himself.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
The bike shop is open again.

Seattle fans are upset about their substitutions. Portland fans are just stunned... but I suspect Christhian Paredes (who had been injured) came in and started efficiently getting the ball out of the defensive third.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Well it ended up being closer than I thought it was going to be. Galaxy always seem to get up when they play against them, but this time it wasn't enough. Effort was there, gameplan was right, just costly mistakes at the worst times. But this game was just the embodiment of the season so far, create chances, dominate possession, don't convert and make costly defensive mistakes.

The signings of Boyd and Rodriguez have been extremely underwhelming despite Boyd's wonder strike today. Efra Alvarez hasn't progressed and Costa doesn't want to be here leaving us absolutely hopeless on the wings. Riqui is head and shoulders above everyone on the team, but he can't do it all himself.
LAG had all the momentum so what does vanney do? subs in the human traffic cone alvarez

couldn't help but laugh at that

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Struber mutually parts ways with the Red Bulls citing he wants to return to Europe, though the club is last in the east and the club was probably happily to let him go.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Bradley should have been a part of the firing spree.

TFC have been brutal and they bowed out of the Can Championship against Montreal last night. A major no no around these parts.

Surprised he is still leading this team as of right now.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
All but certain that San Diego is the next MLS franchise after the owner of SD Loyal released a statement saying they aren’t going nowhere, so the MLS side will likely be a separate entity, quite a unique situation as Landon Donovan is involved with the Loyal

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
All but certain that San Diego is the next MLS franchise after the owner of SD Loyal released a statement saying they aren’t going nowhere, so the MLS side will likely be a separate entity, quite a unique situation as Landon Donovan is involved with the Loyal
Just what the league needs. Another California team

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

TFC have been brutal and they bowed out of the Can Championship against Montreal last night. A major no no around these parts.

Galaxy and Sporting KC with franchise worst starts and yet nothing is happening with their coaching staff/front office. Amazing how poorly these teams are run.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Galaxy and Sporting KC with franchise worst starts and yet nothing is happening with their coaching staff/front office. Amazing how poorly these teams are run.
It's embarrassing really. Especially for Galaxy and TFC who invest so much money in their squads. For us it seems like there is absolutely no contingency plan for Bradley which is annoying.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Saw there were a couple fights in the stands too between TFC backers and some visiting Club de Foot fans, plus one of TFC's own ultras got into it with Kaye?

TFC going through some "darkest timeline" stuff right now, it seems.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Saw there were a couple fights in the stands too between TFC backers and some visiting Club de Foot fans, plus one of TFC's own ultras got into it with Kaye?

TFC going through some "darkest timeline" stuff right now, it seems.

It was an embarrassing night for the club all around. Everyone needs to be better including the fans. Due to the events of Tuesday night, the Montreal game this weekend will not allow for TFC fans to travel...make sense.

Canada Soccer is doing an investigation of the fight incident, we will see what happens out of that.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It was an embarrassing night for the club all around. Everyone needs to be better including the fans. Due to the events of Tuesday night, the Montreal game this weekend will not allow for TFC fans to travel...make sense.

Canada Soccer is doing an investigation of the fight incident, we will see what happens out of that.

Thought that was just for one section, like they weren't letting the ultras in but regular fans could still find seating.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was just a blanket ban though.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Vermes has been the head coach since 2009, was technical director from 06-18 and is the current Sporting Director that oversees all operations. Including this season assuming they miss, it'll be just the 3rd time they've missed the playoffs since 2011. These past 2 seasons, they've been hit with a lot of injuries. They are not a poorly run team, they just have someone in place that has earned a long leash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad