MLS - 2023 Season

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Not confirmed yet, but if the Olimpia result holds in CCL, there will be no more LIga MX teams left on either side of the bracket.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know if it'll be this level always because there was some extra juice for it being the first game ever, but the demand for tickets was insane and we have such deep soccer traditions.

this you?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nah, my seats were better. The food at the stadium is incredible, though. It's a bunch of different local restaurants. Surprised it was that expensive. I got three tacos for $12.
Yeah I mean I will always a soft spot for good arena food. I’d eat that

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah I mean I will always a soft spot for good arena food. I’d eat that
I wish they’d said which restaurant it was from. My guess is Beast BBQ, which is genuinely fantastic. The people in front of me it’s this Vietnamese noodle bowl that looked fantastic. There’s also a Bosnian stand that serves incredible food. The food situation is genuinely world class.

• Love
Reactions: robertmac43

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
Not trying to throw shade on Charlotte but they were poor today. They have the quality to be better but just can't get out of their own way.

Atlanta was good (not great) but looking a bit more cohesive. Took their chances, managed the game after getting a big lead. Hoping AUFC gets confidence from this and keeps progressing. They have the talent, just need to stay focused and play to their strengths.

Wiley getting a brace was definitely unexpected. Hopefully a sign of things to come; offence from everyone.
Defense from everyone is of course needed as well.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not trying to throw shade on Charlotte but they were poor today. They have the quality to be better but just can't get out of their own way.

Atlanta was good (not great) but looking a bit more cohesive. Took their chances, managed the game after getting a big lead. Hoping AUFC gets confidence from this and keeps progressing. They have the talent, just need to stay focused and play to their strengths.

Wiley getting a brace was definitely unexpected. Hopefully a sign of things to come; offence from everyone.
Defense from everyone is of course needed as well.
Charlotte is such a weird team. They have lots of talent but they don’t mesh well.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
There were less than 5 MLS teams making money from RSN’s most were losing money. The Apple deals success has little dependence on what ends up happening with RSN’s.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
There were less than 5 MLS teams making money from RSN’s most were losing money. The Apple deals success has little dependence on what ends up happening with RSN’s.

I don’t even subscribe and it’s fine for me. 6 free matches a week and 360 that jumps around is good for me. As for RSNs. My cable provider didn’t even carry the channel my local MLS team was on.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Watching LAFC-NE just reminds me of the fact that Bruce Arena being fired by a literal soda salesman with no background in the sport whatsoever is the craziest thing that has ever happened in MLS history (and just think of the competition for that honor).

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
That was a stinker for Seattle. Probably deserved a draw but the lack of chances created reminded me a lot of the second half of last season.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I don't know the ins and outs of sports broadcasting but how do you lose money? From all I read any type of TV contract seems like it's a money maker in most sports. Plus how does the team lose money? They really don't have any involvement with the broadcast except maybe having reporter on the sidelines for interviews and insight.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I don't know the ins and outs of sports broadcasting but how do you lose money? From all I read any type of TV contract seems like it's a money maker in most sports. Plus how does the team lose money? They really don't have any involvement with the broadcast except maybe having reporter on the sidelines for interviews and insight.

Depends, some teams were paying for the right to have their games aired, others were producing the content themselves. With no money from the RSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad