MLS - 2023 Season

Sep 19, 2008

I’m loving this Apple TV deal. Much better and smoother interface than ESPN+. Just need to add a split screen option to watch multiple games.

MLS360 is great for a second screen to catch stuff going on in other games. The best implementation of a red zone type show for soccer.
TIL. I'll check it out

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
MLS360 has kinks to works out, but so far so good on the new platform. The T-Mobile deal was massive for them

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Picture quality and production value top notch so far with AppleTV. May have to buy the season pass.
Which game(s) did you watch?

I watched the Whitecaps/RSL match and I thought Apple was dreadful in their production. Issues with audio, abysmal pre-game and half time coverage, cutting off the commentators twice to go to "commercials"...

Felt like amateur hour.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
TFC need a new striker asap. Berna is going to throw a fit if he keeps playing with Akinola and Diomande.....

Frustrating night but I am happy they were able to grind out the result and get a point from the road.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20230304_193616.jpg

Match was total dogshit, the embarrassing condition of the pitch sure didn't help.

Reactions: Basement Cat

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Might be the loudest sporting event I've been at, and I've been to regular season matches at Anderlecht, Feyenoord, and Fiorentina. Plus a whole bunch of American sporting events.
I have heard really good things about the Feyenoord crowd.

Question becomes, is this a one off crowd? Or is St Louis going to become the next intense MLS fanbase that is here to stay. You definitely have the stadium for it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I have heard really good things about the Feyenoord crowd.

Question becomes, is this a one off crowd? Or is St Louis going to become the next intense MLS fanbase that is here to stay. You definitely have the stadium for it.
I don't know if it'll be this level always because there was some extra juice for it being the first game ever, but the demand for tickets was insane and we have such deep soccer traditions.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't know if it'll be this level always because there was some extra juice for it being the first game ever, but the demand for tickets was insane and we have such deep soccer traditions.
That's good to hear. Maybe I will come for a TFC away day.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Seattle look decent so far. Having Joao Paolo back makes a huge difference and Jordan Morris has looked a lot sharper than last season. Still have Ruidiaz to come back as well.

I'd still like to see some reinforcements come in during the summer though, it needs a little bit of a refresh but we'll see what the needs are.

Which game(s) did you watch?

I watched the Whitecaps/RSL match and I thought Apple was dreadful in their production. Issues with audio, abysmal pre-game and half time coverage, cutting off the commentators twice to go to "commercials"...

Felt like amateur hour.
It seems far superior to the Fox coverage previously, admittedly i've only really watched Sounders and the LAFC Portland game.

Far superior as well to Skys offerings for Scottish football :D

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Seattle struggled in the league last year after throwing everything at CCL but seeing MLS teams struggle away from home in the CCL this year makes me really proud of their achievement. They played amazing away from home. Pity they didn't get a chance to try to retain it. That Austin result in particular is pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad