MLS - 2023 Season

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I see they still use the away goals rule in the Champions league, sucks for Orlando to go out without losing a game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Crazy night for this league.

Almada's free kick was out of this world, Montreal score 2 in the 90th to win the game and have one of the strangest VAR moments I have seen while watching footie, and TFC win on one of the colder March games I can remember.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Metro wins after unleashing Dante's Inferno in the 86' minute to win 2-1 over the Crew. Sparse crowd on a freezing cold night, the MLS people need to have a chat with the Apple folks about mandating 7:30 starts in March and early April, places in the north or midwest should at least be kicking off during the day.
20230318_213623.jpg

Pic of the full time whistle being blown.

Reactions: Basement Cat

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
MLS people need to have a chat with the Apple folks about mandating 7:30 starts in March and early April, places in the north or midwest should at least be kicking off during the day.
This has definitely been the sentiment in Toronto as well. BMO being on the Lake makes it brutally cold this time of the year.

I cannot stop watching this goal!

Sep 19, 2008
I nearly passed out here after seeing what they're charging for the MLS all star game in DC this summer. 200 dollars for the supporters section, before the likely 60 dollar fees?

f*** that.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I nearly passed out here after seeing what they're charging for the MLS all star game in DC this summer. 200 dollars for the supporters section, before the likely 60 dollar fees?

f*** that.
Prices go up when you are welcoming Arsenal on this side of the pond.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Its impressive, especially without going out there and getting any huge names.
Burki is a bigger name, but obviously a goalie only does so much. Pfannenstiel has done a great job of finding younger/prime age players from Europe that fit Carnell's system and then supplementing them with MLS talent. Klauss (26), Lowen (26), Ostrak (23), and Alm (27) have been great players, and then he added Stroud, Gioacchini, and Parker from the MLS and the combo is great. Add in a couple other young guys from various places (Blom, Hiebert, Perez) and here we are.

I'm still a little nervous about our FBs. Nelson and Nerwinski have been solid, but nothing more. However, given the system, it seems like that's all we need for now. We've also already had our depth tested, with Nilsson out the whole season and Parker/Nilsson/Blom/Vassilev all missing time for various reasons. So far, so good.

Obviously we're not going to win out the rest of the way, but the pundits definitely underestimated this team.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
There were less than 5 MLS teams making money from RSN’s most were losing money. The Apple deals success has little dependence on what ends up happening with RSN’s.
Late reply:

What happened to the RSN’s that still had a year or two left on their deal with their respective teams? Did MLS or Apple buy those contracts out?

And as a fellow Galaxy fan, but you know much better than me, what has happened to our team? We’ve become extremely irrelevant in the city. We’re still living off the success during the Beckham-Donovan-Keane era. Nobody is wearing Galaxy gear in LA. It’s all LAFC, even the non-soccer fans. They just wear their hat because it looks cool and simple. Nobody is sporting a Galaxy hat unless it was a diehard fan. I never felt that the Galaxy catered to the city itself until LAFC became a legitimate threat. They tried too hard with the stupid “Since 96” slogan. We’ve become South Bay FC while LAFC is, well, LA FC.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Late reply:

What happened to the RSN’s that still had a year or two left on their deal with their respective teams? Did MLS or Apple buy those contracts out?

And as a fellow Galaxy fan, but you know much better than me, what has happened to our team? We’ve become extremely irrelevant in the city. We’re still living off the success during the Beckham-Donovan-Keane era. Nobody is wearing Galaxy gear in LA. It’s all LAFC, even the non-soccer fans. They just wear their hat because it looks cool and simple. Nobody is sporting a Galaxy hat unless it was a diehard fan. I never felt that the Galaxy catered to the city itself until LAFC became a legitimate threat. They tried too hard with the stupid “Since 96” slogan. We’ve become South Bay FC while LAFC is, well, LA FC.
Team has been garbage since 2014.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad