MLS - 2023 Season

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm looking forward to seeing whether or not we can actually make anything happen or if we're doomed to continue to always lose in stoppage time.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Let’s hope Seattle is better this year. I don’t think they will be though. Morris massively regressed last year and no one talked about it. Lodeiro is old. Arreaga is not liked in the room. Nouhou will probably be sold. We have NO fullback depth. Literally 0 not like bad fullback depth. It’s Roldan and Nouhou and nothing. This team is old too outside of a few pieces. I think they need to go 3 5 2 to get the most out of this team with so many midfield options but even then that’s not getting all of them on. Lodeiro, Rusnak, Joao Paulo, Vargas, Roldan, Leyva, Atencio all could be starting for this team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Definitely talked about in the USMNT context. The hope is that he can knock some rust off. I'm skeptical.
After so many knee injuries and little injuries, I think it’ll be hard for him to shake off the rust with so much of his game relying on his physicality and speed.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Galaxy are in a weird spot right now. With the sanctions put on us, we can only bring in MLS players in the summer so we have to do all of our business right now. Issue is we've trimmed some fat with Cabral which is great, but lost Grandsir due to personal issues and we're looking to offload Costa by selling him or buying him out leaving us pretty bare for depth on the wings. So a couple players leaving, but nothing coming in yet.

The only players that I've seen being linked to us is Toko Ekambi in Lyon and that's kind of meh signing to me. Not that he's not a good player, but I don't think he's a good fit for us. Vanney is dead set on having wingers, but we need wingers to help create goals for Chicha and Jovelic as well as being able to create offense for themselves.

I'm hoping a full season of Puig will do wonders for Chicha, but he can't be the only player creating offense or else he's just going to get marked out of the game.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If Peraja is smart he would try to win every game 4-3 because all they're bought recently is forwards. So hopefully he uses them an plays an attacking style because they have a weak midfield, sold both starting full backs and the CB's are inconsistent.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Galaxy are in a weird spot right now. With the sanctions put on us, we can only bring in MLS players in the summer so we have to do all of our business right now. Issue is we've trimmed some fat with Cabral which is great, but lost Grandsir due to personal issues and we're looking to offload Costa by selling him or buying him out leaving us pretty bare for depth on the wings. So a couple players leaving, but nothing coming in yet.

The only players that I've seen being linked to us is Toko Ekambi in Lyon and that's kind of meh signing to me. Not that he's not a good player, but I don't think he's a good fit for us. Vanney is dead set on having wingers, but we need wingers to help create goals for Chicha and Jovelic as well as being able to create offense for themselves.

I'm hoping a full season of Puig will do wonders for Chicha, but he can't be the only player creating offense or else he's just going to get marked out of the game.
I mean let’s be honest do they need wingers? I expect them to play in a 352 with Leerdam, Gaspar, Araujo, and Edwards as wingbacks. They need to find a way to get Chicharito and Joveljic on the field together all the time.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I mean let’s be honest do they need wingers? I expect them to play in a 352 with Leerdam, Gaspar, Araujo, and Edwards as wingbacks. They need to find a way to get Chicharito and Joveljic on the field together all the time.

You would think right? I dont believe we even tried a 3 at the back last year, Vanney seems dead set on a 433 or 4231. The make up of the team suggests we could, but in practice it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I get it from MLS's and Apple's stand point about more postseason games when there was only 13 games in total from last year. But come on a best of 3 series? That surely can't be the best they can do. Not only is it ridiculous from a soccer standpoint, it doesn't make sense logistically. The season wouldn't end until like Christmas if every series went to 3 games.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

I'm predicting they miss the playoffs on decision day like usual

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm predicting they miss the playoffs on decision day like usual
They’re supposedly signing Tyler Boyd which would be huge for them. Not quite sure how you fit him in with Chicharito and Joveljic but if you can figure that out that’s 3 solid goal scorers that should play well off each other.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I’m loving this Apple TV deal. Much better and smoother interface than ESPN+. Just need to add a split screen option to watch multiple games.

MLS360 is great for a second screen to catch stuff going on in other games. The best implementation of a red zone type show for soccer.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4