MLS - 2023 Season

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'll give props to the revs/MLS for managing to keep everything regarding the arena situation in house. no leaks, no rumors, nothing. all we know is that he apparently said something bad and that's it

wonder if what was actually said/done will ever get out

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Not a fan of either team but since I live nearby went to the Orlando City-Crew game, great comeback by OC and hate to say it the atmosphere in the ground was miles better than the numerous times I went to RBA when I lived in Jersey which is a shame because a club in that region has so much potential

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'd be perfectly content to never see Chris Mavinga play another game for the Galaxy. Single handedly lost the game for us today against LAFC. Game was heading for a draw and poor back pass kills us.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I'd be perfectly content to never see Chris Mavinga play another game for the Galaxy. Single handedly lost the game for us today against LAFC. Game was heading for a draw and poor back pass kills us.
only reason he's even there is because he's one of vanney's TFC boys. guy is f***ing garbage

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Philly, Columbus and Orlando clinch playoff spots in the east (Cincinnati already did so few weeks back). New England, Atlanta and Nashville should clinch by the weekend (despite NE's problems). But to show how diluted the playoffs are, its probable a team with less than 10 wins will make it. Miami still is in decent shape to make it should they take advantage of their games in hand, however I think Messi is more injured than reported

In the west nobody clinched yet, but it looks like St. Louis will get the top seed in their debut season

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wow, big comeback by the Galaxy. I didn’t watch the match, but saw the highlights. No goal involvements on paper, but Riqui had a ball cleared off the line, had a deflected shot fall to Sharp for one of his goals and had an excellent defense-splitting cross-field pass that was the secondary assist on the winner.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
WE HATE UNITED,
AND ALL OF YOUR PEOPLE,
SCREAMING EAGLES ARE POSERS,
THEY SING FOR THE TV,
YOUR BARRA STAYS QUIET,
WHENEVER YOU'RE LOSING,
YOU LOSERS ARE NO THREAT,
YOU'RE LED BY A FLIPPER

SOS CAGON WASHINGTON,
SOS CAGON WASHINGTON,
SOS CAGOOOOOOOON WASHINGTON!!!!!!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
LAG had so many chances to beat austin. game should've been 6-3

Considering they were down 3-1 in the 87th minute I’d be somewhat happy with the point. I think their biggest issue is defense. They just allow too many goals. At least Sharp looks a good addition so long as he can get continued service.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Considering they were down 3-1 in the 87th minute I’d be somewhat happy with the point. I think their biggest issue is defense. They just allow too many goals. At least Sharp looks a good addition so long as he can get continued service.
defense has been the issue for years. i still believe if they had even a somewhat competent backline in 2019, they would've won the cup with zlatan carrying the offense. year after year, they fail to address the defense issue. doesn't help that bond isn't that great either in goal

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Houston win the Open Cup, once again Messi wasn’t even in the squad, probably a slightly more serious injury than what Miami wants to report. And naturally with NFL coming back alot of the buzz from neutrals has died down already in combination with him playing so few games recently

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
With essentially three rounds to go (some teams have a game in hand which will be made up either this midweek or during the international break), 7 of the 9 playoff teams in the east are known, however 2nd-6th is separated by only 5 points so home playoff games are still in stake. Cincinnati already clinched the #1 seed and supporters shield trophy. Nashville clinched a playoff spot but will likely have a road game in the 1st round. The final two wild card spots is really down to everybody but Toronto, but goes to show you how diluted the MLS playoffs are, the team currently holding the last spot is Montreal which is at about 1.2 ppg, to put it into perspective in a Premier League season that would be a team surviving but fighting relegation. I know its maybe apples and oranges but still...

The West is a lot more crazy, only St. Louis has clinched so far as the top seed, 2nd-11th is separated by 8 points, though unlike the east, it will likely take a higher points total to make the wild card

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Curious to see how much we rotate tomorrow with the top spot locked up. Vancouver still has a ton to play for. Even with a rotated side, we have a shocking amount of depth that has played this season:

Bürki
Bell - Yaro - Hiebert - Nelson
Pompeu - Vassilev - Watts - Thorvinsson
Gioacchini - Ostrak​

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad