MLS - 2023 Season

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Really smart scheduling by MLS, instead of having their playoff games on the weekend they decided to stagger them out until almost mid-week. There will be almost no fans attending those games. They will be going up against the NFL on Sunday. They could have had a whole Saturday of playoff games.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
SKC had a massive upset over St. Louis. They played their gameplan perfectly and St. Louis looked pretty flat and didn't really adjust to Sporting.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Also SKC had a finishing night of their lives.
Yep. Their gameplan was probably to keep it 0-0 as long as possible and hope for some lucky bounces or bring on Russell late to have him get a winner. They took advantage of a couple lucky bounces/breakdowns, and Kinda had that great strike.

And even from St. Louis' perspective, they probably didn't feel the need to adjust based on the previous games at home against SKC, they probably felt like they just needed a 10-15 minute stretch to get the game back.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
#1 seed in the west is out already losing both games to SKC. Cincy won a wild penalty shootout against the Red Bulls to advance. So far only one tie is going to the third game (Seattle-Dallas)

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Good to know the Timbers are no longer trying to win:

Phil is a very capable coach. ppl rate him lowly because he is clumsy and thats the popular thing to do. But I followed Miami in 2022 and he will prove a lot of people wrong with Portland in my opinion.

Similar to Ben Olsen, a lot people thought he would be a failure. 10 months later, his team is one of the best, won a trophy, playing CL next year and last I checked they are still alive.

The team that surprised me most this year is Cincinnati and Pat Noonan. The fact that Santi Arias returned to the NT 5 years after when most people thought his career was done is very telling of FCC' success. Miazga, Boupenza, Acosta, Vasquez. Just great.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00