MLS 2015 Season Part 4: The Champions League Beat Downening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I wonder if this means that Orlando will still be punished for tampering?

They broke the rules so if they are then they deserve it.

If that wasn't part of the deal, Orlando is very dumb. I'm sure there is a wink and a nod outside of the paperwork.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
It's done ?

Nigeria striker Martins joins China's Shanghai Shenhua

Nigeria striker Obafemi Martins has joined Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua in a multi-million dollar deal, BBC Sport can reveal.

Martins, who joins Senegalese striker Demba Ba at the Shanghai club, becomes the latest high-profile player to make the switch to the cash-rich Super League.

Colombia striker Jackson Martinez, former Chelsea midfielder Ramires, Cameroon captain Stephane Mbia and ex-Serie A duo Gervinho and Fredy Guarin are among the other big Chinese signings in 2016.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Eric Miller to Colorado for allocation and a 1st round pick.

Like this move for both sides. Miller wasn't going to find time in Montreal with Oyongo and Toia at the fullback slots and should step into the Rapids' XI right away. I think the Rapids gave up a bit too much, but they likely did find a young, starting caliber fullback, so tough to fault them.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Eric Miller to Colorado for allocation and a 1st round pick.

Like this move for both sides. Miller wasn't going to find time in Montreal with Oyongo and Toia at the fullback slots and should step into the Rapids' XI right away. I think the Rapids gave up a bit too much, but they likely did find a young, starting caliber fullback, so tough to fault them.

Just don't expect much...

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Not really sure how he got a USMNT look, but there is some upside their as a utility defender I guess.

He's a very high level athlete and a generation Adidas contract player. The problem is he has very mediocre technical skills, and has beyond putrid aerial skills. I saw him literally miss the ball while it was coming in his direction, something I didn't think was possible in this caliber of soccer.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
Yaya Toure prefers MLS over China in summer move from Man City

Wrong. Well, wrong, according a report by the Star on Thursday, which states Toure prefers the lifestyle and (relative) on-field challenge of Major League Soccer to that of the CSL

The report also states Toure could be paid as much as $650,000 per week in China — excuse me, I just fainted in disgust and/or jealousy — “but he is said to favor the lifestyle of America and more competitive nature of MLS to what is on offer in the Far East.”

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
China is insane in, like, every single way. I don't blame the players that collect the paychecks for a while and move on at all...the biggest problem there is that the teams seem more interested in the headline of signing the player than actually keeping the player around.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
China is insane in, like, every single way. I don't blame the players that collect the paychecks for a while and move on at all...the biggest problem there is that the teams seem more interested in the headline of signing the player than actually keeping the player around.

Well you have to also consider that not everybody making the move there is necessarily a marquee name. Sammir for example has now become the highest paid Croatian player and is now pulling in more than both Rakitic and Modric are.

I can't imagine Yaya being bothered in the MLS. He visibly doesn't care in 80 minutes per match for City before turning it on for the last 10 when they need to push forward.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I think once Roman Torres comes back, Seattle should be alright. Evans is a pretty decent right back, but he's just not a central defender. That formation in the first half with Dempsey roaming a bit in midfield and Jones coming down the left flank showed real promise. Once Sigi decided to keep Deuce on the wing, their possession suffered.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I went past the locale this weekend. It's in a kinda dumpy part of St. Paul, but right off the light rail, so super convenient from both downtowns and the U of M.

My buddy lives 2 stops away at Westgate, but think he's buying a condo before this is done.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport

This pretty amazing, but doubt it will look like this when everything is done.

I'm praying they don't pull the bait and switch like DC United did. Which i think is the same design firm that was doing the Buzzard Point Renderings.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I'm praying they don't pull the bait and switch like DC United did. Which i think is the same design firm that was doing the Buzzard Point Renderings.

This MUFC rendering look very expensive as did DC's original renderings. I am sure designs will change once they realize how expensive it will be to build exactly that. But I have heard many people say that the owner is very determined to get this design built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad