MLS 2015 Season Part 4: The Champions League Beat Downening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Well, MLS is getting swept by Liga MX this year. LA are the only team who have half a chance if they can sneak in an away goal. Seattle is going to get torn to shreds in Azteca and I can't see RSL or DC scoring at least twice and keeping Tigres/Queretaro scoreless. Both of them are just going to bunker and counter with a 2-0 lead.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
0:0 at home usually isn't the worst result as all you need is a scoring draw to progress rather than a straight out win, but MLS' record in Mexico is awfully poor. Out of RSL/DCU, both have uphill tasks but Queretaro has lost all their away matches this season in Liga MX so maybe there is small hope there, but of course still a longshot as its unlikely DCU can keep a clean sheet

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
guessign it's just the "new" tv deal...but still

Anthony Precourt ‏@APrecourt 4m4 minutes ago
Rumor has it there's some good news coming out #ForColumbus. Be sure to watch the newswire today...#CrewSC

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
guessign it's just the "new" tv deal...but still

Anthony Precourt ‏@APrecourt 4m4 minutes ago
Rumor has it there's some good news coming out #ForColumbus. Be sure to watch the newswire today...#CrewSC

Falcao?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
it was the TV deal...

fans griped about the team only being on Time Warner Sports Network and ppl w/ Dish/DirectTV/UVerse et al couldn't watch them...so they announced a partnership like several others with Sinclair broadcasting for local alternatives...good deal...smart

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
There are no expansion teams starting this year. Some will be joining at the start of the 2017 season.

good to know before 3/6/16..... I do know Atlanta starts in 2017, Sacramento and Minnesota must be the same year, and Miami,who knows, I'VE seen anywhere from a temp facility or 2018.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Sacramento hasn't been awarded a team yet, sadly. It'll happen, just not yet. Minnesota was set to start in 2018, but it looks like they may start next year alongside Atlanta if the recent rumors are correct. LAFC's stadium plan put them a year behind schedule and Minnesota has an easier temporary venue situation with TCF Bank Stadium. LAFC wants to do things "right" and open in their own building, which is the right thing to do in this market.

Miami also doesn't officially have a team...and let's hope that team never happens. They're not officially getting the franchise until they have a stadium plan.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
As 2016 Season Nears, MLS Live Touts 60% Year-Over-Year Sub Growth

As MLS prepares to kick off its 2016 season March 6 with a record 10 Opening Day matches featuring all 20 clubs, the league has announced substantial subscriber growth in its MLS Live OTT streaming platform. Powered by the NeuLion Digital Platform, MLS Live has seen a 60% jump in subscriptions year-over-year, including a record number of renewals and a record new activations for first-time subs.

Last season, 40% of subscribers viewed MLS Live via PCs, 40% on smartphones and tablets, and 20% using Roku, Apple TV, and Chromecast connected devices.

Thats some really impressive growth. I have been tempted to get MLS live for a while but I know I will never get anything else done with that.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Looks like Howard is indeed going to Colorado this summer.

One reason the talks have dragged on is that, after initially saying Howard could leave on a free transfer, Everton proceeded to ask for a fee. Sources stated that the two sides agreed on a fee between $600,000 and $750,000.

Reports last week also indicated that Howard was asking for a four-year deal that would pay him $5 million per year. But sources have confirmed to ESPN FC that Howard's annual salary will be around $2m.

http://www.espnfc.com/soccer-transf...ward-set-to-join-colorado-rapids-from-everton

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
As 2016 Season Nears, MLS Live Touts 60% Year-Over-Year Sub Growth

Thats some really impressive growth. I have been tempted to get MLS live for a while but I know I will never get anything else done with that.

Meh, not sure how well those numbers reflect reality. Last year around this time, MLS had just signed their new TV deal. ESPN was suppose to carry every MLS game on ESPN3. It never came to fruition. So many held out on getting MLS live till the last second or not at all.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I love the hypothetical headline "Benched Goalies Asks for $5 Million a Year"

Such a stupid move for the Rapids. Goalkeeper is the least of their worries.

I think it is mainly to make the Rapids relevant again. It will atleast give them enough exposure to convince other players to sign there in the future.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I predict TFC wins the cup this year

Youre-God-Damn-Right-Walt-In-Breaking-Bad-Reaction-Gif.gif

Our new and improved back-line should make us a serious contender this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad