MLS 2015 Season Part 4: The Champions League Beat Downening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI

Now this is a good move, kind of surprised that we actually had a plan B after Kouassi got injured (and really glad it wasn't just paying Jones). Koffie should fit our system perfectly.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Gonna try to get out there. Need an excuse to get out to SF/OAK to visit my buddy and would rather see Arsenal than go to another Copa game when we have ours here within a week after.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

Now this is a good move, kind of surprised that we actually had a plan B after Kouassi got injured (and really glad it wasn't just paying Jones). Koffie should fit our system perfectly.

Numbers game for the Whitecaps; too many defensive midfielders and Koffie probably made too much given the depth there.

Sad to see him go; he was with the club since before they joined the MLS.

On a side note, Koffie was working on suiting up for Canada's national team; it's not clear to me yet if his leaving Canada will impact that.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Tiebert is finally a starter. Good PR move making a Canadian a main part of the team and removed depth in a spot that has too many players. Bringing in money is always a good thing. Robbo knows how to scout. Sad to see an original whitecap leave though.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States

This impact jersey is one of the best so far from the ones released.

newenglandjerseyfrontback.jpg

This revs jersey looks very much like PSG's.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Beckham sold a majority of his ownership to a Qatari backed group. He retains a minority ownership in the eventual MLS franchise and will be the face of it.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Wonder if Koffie will still suit up for Canada, hoping he does and he gets minutes with the Revs.

I have no idea how close Koffie is in regards to appearing for Canada, but he's absolutely going to get major minutes for the Revs. He's going to start alongside Caldwell in all likelihood and play the role that Jones used to.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Apparently it won't happen now. Dammit.

I think players have to maintain residency in most country's if they are applying for naturalized citizen status or at least show that they plan to live there. Like for example, I think he can claim he's living in the USA for work but maintain a home in Canada, although with the salaries they give in MLS, thats not easy to do.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Fire traded Shipp to Montreal.

I hate this team so ****ing much.

Can you give us a scouting report on the guy? I saw on transfermarkt that once Maloney was sold Shipp played mostly in the n.10 spot and striker 1 match in a 4-4-2 with Gilberto. He also played right and left midfielder in the 1st half of the season, so what's his most productive spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad