OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Should we be concerned with what's going on with Uncle Stevie?

As a Met fan, I obviously think the worst which considering our history is understandable.

Oh and the Cards with Arenado is just what the doctor ordered for them. A bat like his was sorely needed to go along with Goldschmidt as tho the Cards always figure out a way be competitive, when I look at their lineup, it's not exactly very imposing. Arenado helps bigtime.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Should we be concerned with what's going on with Uncle Stevie?

As a Met fan, I obviously think the worst which considering our history is understandable.

i’m feeling good he’ll make it to opening day yet it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s hanging with Madoff someday.

Reactions: Maximus

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Cohen does some undesirable things. He's a hedge fund guy. We all knew this coming in. His business is making money even if that means we're all getting screwed. Unless he does something illegal, which he didn't, it's all much ado about nothing (not that the general "game" of what the uber-rich do to manipulate stocks isn't problematic, but again, we all knew this is his thing).

I hate that he does it, too, but no one should receive threats. That's way over the line.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
i’m feeling good he’ll make it to opening day yet it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s hanging with Madoff someday.

Do not think it will get that bad or even close, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that Madoff's name didn't come up in my head when I was reading all the shit going down.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Cohen does some undesirable things. He's a hedge fund guy. We all knew this coming in. His business is making money even if that means we're all getting screwed. Unless he does something illegal, which he didn't, it's all much ado about nothing (not that the general "game" of what the uber-rich do to manipulate stocks isn't problematic, but again, we all knew this is his thing).

I hate that he does it, too, but no one should receive threats. That's way over the line.

He infused his friends hedge fund with cash, for a share, and people called it a "bailout."

It's just the stupidest thing. Boomer is one of the more economically illiterate people I've heard. He showed his ass this past week. Total fool.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Would love to see the Yankees and Mets both be good. Not sure we've really seen that since I've been on HF tbh.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
Just thinking, I would trade 10 Yankees championships for the Knicks to have won it all in the 90s and I would trade 20 Yankees championships for the Yankees to have won Game 7 in 2001.

What about you?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Just thinking, I would trade 10 Yankees championships for the Knicks to have won it all in the 90s and I would trade 20 Yankees championships for the Yankees to have won Game 7 in 2001.

What about you?

Wait you'd trade 20 Yankees titles for 1 Yankees title?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

What about you?
Knicks were in two finals in the 90s. Don’t really understand the reasoning but if 2001 was the first Yankee title since 1956 it might have been a bigger deal than the rangers winning in 1994.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
OK so here it is a few of y'all and especially @zephyr after months of trying to convince me that we don't want Bauer and he's not worth the trouble, it finally works and I get off the Bauer choo choo train about a month ago.

Yet now that it looks like we are going go get him, I'm kind of getting a bit excited again about having Bauer as our #2 behind deGrom moving Carassco and Stroman down to 3's and 4's despite the baggage he brings as that gives us what might be one of the top 3 staffs in all of baseball.

Ugh, I don't know what I want to do. I want the Mets to be good again and be WS contenders so badly and don't for one minute think that if we get Bauer that doesn't put us right there with the Braves, Dodgers and maybe the Padres of the world, that I think I'm willing again to put up with Bauer's shit for a season or two.

Someone talk some sense into me again and get me to not hop on the Bauer choo choo again cause it's pretty damn tempting...lol

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Any other Met fans who don’t want Bauer? I feel he is not worth the money given his career numbers and attitude. Plus we lose draft picks if we sign him and we really need more young talent infused into the system after all the prospects we have traded in the past 2 years

Reactions: zephyr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad