OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The 85% threshold is not just players. It’s essential personnel. The 15% could be all players for all we know

MLB’s Tier 1 restrictions in place since last summer cover players, managers, coaches, bullpen catchers, team physicians, athletic trainers, physical therapists, and strength and conditioning coaches

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You think they lied abt vaccination rates so they can avoid the restrictions? That would be a hell of a story if true. If they start getting severely sick I'll be more skeptical of the 85% number but I've come to realize integrity no longer exists outside of like 2% of ppl, and when there's $ involved even less, so you might be right here.
Is it really a hell of a story?

What is MLB actually prepared to do as far as enforcement? Probably nothing.

Reactions: romba

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The NHL instituted the trapezoid behind the nets to prevent goalies from going beyond it to play the puck. It's a defense positioning restriction.

Yeah, I'm a smart ass.

Goalies can't play the puck outside the trapezoid, illegal defense (limiting zone-type defense) in NBA, there is some precedent.

I didn't think of the trapezoid rule but I don't think playing the puck is inherently defensive.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I saw someone say if you sent the Yanks lineup to an away game in spring training they would be fined for how bad it is.

Yanks should claim McKinney after Mets designated him, not that he’s any good, but you just need bodies at this point.

Luke Voit gets hurt every other week.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
On top of everything else, the Yankees are antivaxxers apparently. Good to know.

This is their second huge covid outbreak post-vaccines. Has it happened to any other team?

Good lord I hoped this would be hyperbole, but sure go ahead and spread bullshit around.

As others have said, this isn't a silver bullet. You're not immune from getting it at all. What's more likely is that one of them isn't vaccinated and they spread it to the others than all those players decided not to vaccinate.

Let's not even mention that these players all came back from the all star break, likely traveling to places that this isn't monitored as much and were exposed to it.

So you believe the Yankees lied to MLB, most likely falsifying documentation of vaccination status in order to lie, so they don't need to mask or follow other protocols? JimmyBulterRollsEyes.gif

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Good lord I hoped this would be hyperbole, but sure go ahead and spread bullshit around.

As others have said, this isn't a silver bullet. You're not immune from getting it at all. What's more likely is that one of them isn't vaccinated and they spread it to the others than all those players decided not to vaccinate.

Let's not even mention that these players all came back from the all star break, likely traveling to places that this isn't monitored as much and were exposed to it.

So you believe the Yankees lied to MLB, most likely falsifying documentation of vaccination status in order to lie, so they don't need to mask or follow other protocols? JimmyBulterRollsEyes.gif
Again, nobody said it's a silver bullet. This is their second acute outbreak.

MLB mandated an 85% vaccination rate, and no, I don't believe any team is anywhere near that. What is MLB prepared to do? Discipline all 30 teams? Stop the season? Somebody explain that to me.

Elite athletes are almost all egomaniacs. They've spent their whole lives embarrassing their peers, will never have a real job, and disproportionately come from well-off families. They're not going to think a virus is a threat.

I don't know how many have been vaccinated but I guarantee you the 85% figure went by the wayside. The general population isn't even going to hit that, let alone 22-35 year olds that all think they're demigods.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Again, nobody said it's a silver bullet. This is their second acute outbreak.

MLB mandated an 85% vaccination rate, and no, I don't believe any team is anywhere near that. What is MLB prepared to do? Discipline all 30 teams? Stop the season? Somebody explain that to me.

Elite athletes are almost all egomaniacs. They've spent their whole lives embarrassing their peers, will never have a real job, and disproportionately come from well-off families. They're not going to think a virus is a threat.

I don't know how many have been vaccinated but I guarantee you the 85% figure went by the wayside. The general population isn't even going to hit that, let alone 22-35 year olds that all think they're demigods.

Yeah, cause it's only the Yankees. These dudes traveled to random places, not together and spent time with people they haven't seen in months most likely.

Guess what, this is just the beginning after the break.

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
For those going to Mets games...do the 400s usually fill up? I'll be in New York in August and plan on going to a game vs the Giants. Can I buy a cheaper ticket in the upper level and then walk down a bit to empty seats below?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So frustrating, I can't even watch it. This guy is throwing nothing but fat, hanging sliders and no one can barrel up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad