OT: MLB Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Sad to say but I think it's time for Gary Thorne to hang em up.
I think he's been good. At least he sticks to baseball. I can't stand when Gary Cohen goes off on one of his tangents about how a player's first name is pronounced or some other useless trivia no one cares about. The producer should be in his ear telling him to cut that shit out.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sad to say but I think it's time for Gary Thorne to hang em up.
Yeah people talk about Sam slowing down and being behind, Gary sounds like he's asleep. That second Davis home run he was like a full 3 seconds behind. I've heard him on Orioles broadcasts over the years and it's been the same.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Are you guys seeing this shit here in DC?

At the stadium, they're saying the "issue" is outside the stadium and telling everyone to stay in. People were running down onto the field.

EDIT: They just called the game and said there was a shooting outside the gates on the 3B side.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
I think he's been good. At least he sticks to baseball. I can't stand when Gary Cohen goes off on one of his tangents about how a player's first name is pronounced or some other useless trivia no one cares about. The producer should be in his ear telling him to cut that shit out.

Yeah people talk about Sam slowing down and being behind, Gary sounds like he's asleep. That second Davis home run he was like a full 3 seconds behind. I've heard him on Orioles broadcasts over the years and it's been the same.
I was watching the game with my mother and even she saw the ball was 3 feet from Alonso while Gary called the guy out with a great scoop by Alonso. The call on that second homer was embarrassing like a bob murphy call "foul pop up down the left field line........goinggoinggone over the center field wall.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Hopefully the Mets make a move after this series. They can win the division but they need a jolt.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I thought these games against Pittsburgh would be easier. What a joke.

They should be, Pitt hasn't played well. Pitts pitching has been godawful, yet its flustered the Mets.

Then we get the hitting: our bullpen completely falls apart.

Is what it is. Reality is that the Mets are a mediocre team in a shitty division.

Even if they got to the post season: they would make no noise. So, I guess it doesn't matter

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Conforto has been awful this year. He has really hurt his value and next contract. I just don’t like watching him play.

the whole team has forgotten how to hit but Conforto aggravates me the most.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Also we are seeing why I particularly had no faith in Walker and Stroman pitching the full year with the results they were getting. Carrasco and Thor really killing this team right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad