OT: MLB Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
How do you make that mistake as the Manager of a Major League team.

And with our luck, squeezing in Britton there would lead to a season ending injury. I would have been trying to use another arm out of the pen than one of your main guys with the score being a blowout. Less than 2 weeks left in the season.

But hey what the hell do I know...

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I didn't mind that they moved on from d'Arnaud.

What was annoying was that they tendered him first then only gave him 25 plate appearances before DFA'ing him. That was pointless and dumb.
Yep. Talk about “selling low”.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What a friggen dumpster fire this year has become for the Metropolitans. Funny, I just spent the past 20 minutes on the football thread explaining why this is as despondent as I've ever felt as a Jet fan.

Well this year despite covid, I was thinking with the kind of lumber the Mets could trot out there in their regular day lineup along with what "on paper" looked like a pretty decent staff and bullpen, that who knows what could happen when we got into the tournament.

Notice I didn't say "if" but "when" we got into the post season. I mean it was a virtual lock IMO that we were getting in and tho there would be an asterisk attached, I didn't give a shit. Let's get in and see if we can make a nice run.

Well obviously it's not meant to be and I'm pretty close to being as despondent about the Mets as I am about the Jets. The only thing and I do mean the only thing that gives me hope is that after this season, the Wilpons will be gone and Cohen will in.

That alone makes the Mets situation much more hopeful than the Jet situation which frankly is a total shit show with the Johnson's owning them. Only thing that gives me hope with the Jets is they have Joe Douglass in charge and he does seem like he knows what he's doing.

So another disappointing year here in Metland as we somehow figure out a way to miss a postseason that had 8 teams getting in.

OK one last thing I have to say about the Mets or Jets for that matter........when do the Rangers start camp and what # will Laf choose to wear? lol
I’m right there with you, brother. That goodness for the Rangers.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Now this f***ing moron brings in an illegal pitcher
Yanks scored 12 runs without hitting a HR and here I thought you'd be talking about that.

So they call up Lyons to replace Heller (cause amazingly that guy is hurt yet again) and forgot to add him to the lineup card. Boone needs to give his head a shake there.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Cole's first season with the Yankees is probably the best ERA and season for a Yankee starter/ace since Cone (side note: only one letter difference, coincidence?!?!?!)

Only really messed up his first month or so.

Yankees fans will still find ways to shit on him though.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yanks scored 12 runs without hitting a HR and here I thought you'd be talking about that.

So they call up Lyons to replace Heller (cause amazingly that guy is hurt yet again) and forgot to add him to the lineup card. Boone needs to give his head a shake there.
Well that was great.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Sanchez is such a dumb and bad baseball player. He has some raw talent but he wastes it. 1-1 count and he taking a massive hack at a fastball right down the middle with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out. As opposed to cutting down his swing and focusing on contact for a ball in play. Then the very next pitch he chases in the dirt for strike 3.

And this after trying to snipe Vladdy at 1st with a 2 strike count and 2 outs, throwing it wide, and giving Toronto another run.

Dumb idiot.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I’m right there with you, brother. That goodness for the Rangers.

Well my friend...it's not over just yet for the Mets.. I mean the fat lady is definitely clearing her throat don't get me wrong but if the Phillies keep imploding and the Marlins can lose 3-4 more games to the Rays, so long as the Mets win their last 5...tonight vs Rays and all 4 vs Nationals we could sneak into the 2nd spot in the division.

Ooops...my bad...my alarm clock rang...it aint happening...lol

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Well my friend...it's not over just yet for the Mets.. I mean the fat lady is definitely clearing her throat don't get me wrong but if the Phillies keep imploding and the Marlins can lose 3-4 more games to the Rays, so long as the Mets win their last 5...tonight vs Rays and all 4 vs Nationals we could sneak into the 2nd spot in the division.

Ooops...my bad...my alarm clock rang...it aint happening...lol
Haha. Well put.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Hahahaha Bases Loaded. No Out. Stanton-Voit-Gleyber go down easily. This team is pathetic. Too many all or nothing hitters. No pure hitters other than DJLM. Everyone else is some form of garbage that is so f***ing selfish and moronic. Refuse to change their approach, swinging wildly in all situations. And this all happened against AJ f***ing Cole. Trash. Cant wait for this to look even worse against quality pitching. Just as it always does.

Gona be another year of disappointment in the playoffs with this group.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hahahaha Bases Loaded. No Out. Stanton-Voit-Gleyber go down easily. This team is pathetic. Too many all or nothing hitters. No pure hitters other than DJLM. Everyone else is some form of garbage that is so f***ing selfish and moronic. Refuse to change their approach, swinging wildly in all situations. And this all happened against AJ f***ing Cole. Trash. Cant wait for this to look even worse against quality pitching. Just as it always does.

Gona be another year of disappointment in the playoffs with this group.
Man, you really know how to get @Machinehead all hot and bothered. ;) :naughty:

Reactions: RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
He ain't wrong
I love the Yankees. I want to be optimistic. But the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again. It is clear as day what this team’s main problems have been the last 3 years. Not enough SP. Certainly not enough ones that can pitch 6 innings minimum every time out. To this point they haven’t developed it internally. Garcia and Schmidt could* be that but we have an extremely small sample size for one and a refusal to even try the other. It cost them over $300 million to finally add one, an ace, in Cole. I said we should really invest in signing Blake Treinen if we dont want to sign another SP beyond Cole. Nope, instead we spent money on bringing back Brett Gardner, who just isnt a viable OF anymore. We couldve brought back someone like Cameron Maybin for cheap. We are extremely righty heavy, and what do we do? We let Didi walk. Gleyber has been a mess as the SS this year. A mess at the plate and in the field. We have too many hitters that step in the bucket and just let it fly. Too many hitters more concerned with elevating the baseball. Elevate and Celebrate - except we arent doing a lot of celebrating. These are selfish, defiant, and ignorant hitters. They refuse to make adjustments for the good of the team. They refuse to cut down on that swing for situational hitting. They are too one dimensional. Its been the same group. And as much as its on the players, its also on f*** face Marcus Thames. How the hell does this guy still have a job with this garbage product of regression? I have been pining for a change for the last two years.

Just disgusted by this group end to end. From the players to Boone, right on up to the “know-it-all” Cashman. 1 WS in 20 Years.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I love the Yankees. I want to be optimistic. But the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again. It is clear as day what this team’s main problems have been the last 3 years. Not enough SP. Certainly not enough ones that can pitch 6 innings minimum every time out. To this point they haven’t developed it internally. Garcia and Schmidt could* be that but we have an extremely small sample size for one and a refusal to even try the other. It cost them over $300 million to finally add one, an ace, in Cole. I said we should really invest in signing Blake Treinen if we dont want to sign another SP beyond Cole. Nope, instead we spent money on bringing back Brett Gardner, who just isnt a viable OF anymore. We couldve brought back someone like Cameron Maybin for cheap. We are extremely righty heavy, and what do we do? We let Didi walk. Gleyber has been a mess as the SS this year. A mess at the plate and in the field. We have too many hitters that step in the bucket and just let it fly. Too many hitters more concerned with elevating the baseball. Elevate and Celebrate - except we arent doing a lot of celebrating. These are selfish, defiant, and ignorant hitters. They refuse to make adjustments for the good of the team. They refuse to cut down on that swing for situational hitting. They are too one dimensional. Its been the same group. And as much as its on the players, its also on f*** face Marcus Thames. How the hell does this guy still have a job with this garbage product of regression? I have been pining for a change for the last two years.

Just disgusted by this group end to end. From the players to Boone, right on up to the “know-it-all” Cashman. 1 WS in 20 Years.
It all comes down to Cashman. The success of DJ should show him that a lineup full of sluggers isn't the way to go but he hasn't learned. A team with right handed power arms is going to embarrass us in the playoffs. Probably Tampa.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Yanks stunk last night,no other way to put it...but 1 game ago they won 12-1 without hitting a single homer...so it shows they can produce without the all or nothing approach.Defense was also horrific last night,led by Sanchez and a guy who would be the everyday dh if it wasn't for Stanton-Voit..he's atrocious defensively.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Yanks stunk last night,no other way to put it...but 1 game ago they won 12-1 without hitting a single homer...so it shows they can produce without the all or nothing approach.Defense was also horrific last night,led by Sanchez and a guy who would be the everyday dh if it wasn't for Stanton-Voit..he's atrocious defensively.
They've scored a bunch of runs lately against teams with crappy pitching. Not many teams like that in the playoffs.

Reactions: RGY

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
They've scored a bunch of runs lately against teams with crappy pitching. Not many teams like that in the playoffs.
Can't fault them for doing what they are supposed to do.Hopefully they can do the job come playoff time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad