OT: MLB Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
As long as they don't re-sign him.
Yep even if he finishes out the season strong and gets a start or more during the playoffs and performs, I'd want the Yanks to cut ties at the end of the season. The old saying of better to let go one year too early than one year too late (ex. see Gardner). Still good for him personally because he has been much maligned by Yankees fans.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Familia is my least favorite Mets reliever since Doug Sisk. I hate him more than Diaz. I will never forgive him for choking in the World Series and the blown save against the Giants in the Wild card game. I shuddered when I saw BVW signed him back after we traded him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I didn't mind that they moved on from d'Arnaud.

What was annoying was that they tendered him first then only gave him 25 plate appearances before DFA'ing him. That was pointless and dumb.
The whole thing with him, how they handled Mesoraco, etc. It was all really weird.

I didn't want them to tender him a contract to begin with, I thought he was a waste at that point. He was pretty good for Tampa last year, but he has really only looked like that true impact player for what, 40 games this year? I'm still immensely skeptical that he can hold up over a full year. And that was always the thing--you basically needed to find two starting catchers when you had him because you knew he'd miss so much time.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
As if there aren’t enough reasons to hate Boston fans.

Well at least he was being sorta positive!?!?
"We love New York. Boston loves New York. Remember 9/11. The Boston Marathon. America!"

51581658-e5fd-4c29-a57b-8b8e7a2ae514_text.gif

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Read recently that a writer reported that wilpon actually ordered travis be eviscerated from the team. There's a lot that's happened that I can't just blame brodie for based on how Jeff has handled and influenced stuff. Respected mlb writers are commenting that he's been the team gm dictating decisions. It's the same debacle as dolan with the Knicks. I won't blanketly blame brodie for this. Irs Jeff's mess, I'm glad he gets to watch it burn before he leaves

Reactions: egelband

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I'm sure he said that to boost his chances of getting the team. Saul Katz probably put the kibosh on it.

This also might be the stage where, knowing that Jeff is being pushed out, the media starts taking out the knives. We saw that already with stuff about D'Arnaud. Could be a whole bunch of dirt to come out, know that they no longer need Jeff to be a source.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
What a friggen dumpster fire this year has become for the Metropolitans. Funny, I just spent the past 20 minutes on the football thread explaining why this is as despondent as I've ever felt as a Jet fan.

Well this year despite covid, I was thinking with the kind of lumber the Mets could trot out there in their regular day lineup along with what "on paper" looked like a pretty decent staff and bullpen, that who knows what could happen when we got into the tournament.

Notice I didn't say "if" but "when" we got into the post season. I mean it was a virtual lock IMO that we were getting in and tho there would be an asterisk attached, I didn't give a shit. Let's get in and see if we can make a nice run.

Well obviously it's not meant to be and I'm pretty close to being as despondent about the Mets as I am about the Jets. The only thing and I do mean the only thing that gives me hope is that after this season, the Wilpons will be gone and Cohen will in.

That alone makes the Mets situation much more hopeful than the Jet situation which frankly is a total shit show with the Johnson's owning them. Only thing that gives me hope with the Jets is they have Joe Douglass in charge and he does seem like he knows what he's doing.

So another disappointing year here in Metland as we somehow figure out a way to miss a postseason that had 8 teams getting in.

OK one last thing I have to say about the Mets or Jets for that matter........when do the Rangers start camp and what # will Laf choose to wear? lol

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad