OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah it's unfortunate. I had high hopes that Diaz could get it turned around. He looks like garbage. Example of why you almost never trust relief pitching, or at least never pay a premium price for it.

Reactions: Cassano and Crease

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah it's unfortunate. I had high hopes that Diaz could get it turned around. He looks like garbage. Example of why you almost never trust relief pitching, or at least never pay a premium price for it.

He came so close to getting out of this jam but instead he hits Peraza...4-2 Boston...Diaz out of the game and once again, you have to wonder is it not better to just leave him in the pen and let Lugo close and Betances and Familia set up Lugo.

We can't afford losses like this. There's no time to work on shit. I said it the other day...give Diaz one more chance if he does good...great keep him in the closer spot. If not, give Lugo the gig. I do believe that time has come!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Such an awful trade. Just haunting.
Yeah. Even if Kelenic and Dunn fail to pan out, it will still be bad. If for no other reason than Kelenic and Dunn could have landed something actually impactful. So even if everyone busts, it's still not good value.

It's like the Zambrano for Kazmir trade. Even if Kazmir busted, you still had the best pitching prospect in the game and traded him for the precursor to Oliver Perez, but even worse.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Yeah. Even if Kelenic and Dunn fail to pan out, it will still be bad. If for no other reason than Kelenic and Dunn could have landed something actually impactful. So even if everyone busts, it's still not good value.

It's like the Zambrano for Kazmir trade. Even if Kazmir busted, you still had the best pitching prospect in the game and traded him for the precursor to Oliver Perez, but even worse.

Wow thank you for reminding me of that one. I am almost certain Jim Duquette did not realize there were two Zambranos.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

Wow Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir...That has to be in the top 5 of worst trades ever made by the Mets...yes? God that was horrific. Thx for bringing up such "good memories"...lol

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
18 straight wins vs the O's,17 straight at Camden Yards-thats just bonkers

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Even without the fans booing him this guy still can't pitch in NY. It's all in the head with Diaz. You can tell Rojas is already tired of him.

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Even without the fans booing him this guy still can't pitch in NY. It's all in the head with Diaz. You can tell Rojas is already tired of him.

Diaz has been horrible but we can't get a hit if our lives depended on it with RISP.

Cespedes can't fly out to tie the game the day before.

The life of a Mets fan... frustrating to say the least.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I said it the other day and earlier tonight and I'll say it again. IMO, I think it's over for Diaz as the closer for the Mets. Only 60 games this year folks. Can't be dealing with shit like this. Every game is like 3x more important than normal.

Diaz is done as as the man and tho it sux, at least we have a very very viable alternatives and the guy I think is going to get the gig is Lugo. It's now the Lugo era as I'd be shocked if going forward, we'll be seeing Diaz in any important situations going forward. I think Diaz should be a 6th inning guy in non pressure situations and hopefully he'll be successful there.

But no more Diaz in the 9th inning is my predication as I believe besides me and I'm sure quite a few of my Met brothers, I think Rojas has seen enough which is the main thing. You can't be fooling around this year. You either do the job or you don't. And Diaz simply doesn't seem to be able too handle the gig here in NY. It's a shame it really is but that's the reality.

It's Lugo time and I know I feel 100x's more confident that he will do the job than I ever felt about Diaz...period end of story!!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Went to sleep when it was still 5-4 Yanks, but I have a controversial take here: Aaron Judge is good.

Also, we should start all baseball seasons this late if this is the Stanton we're gonna start the season with.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

hope for a new owner who will do enough to make us forget about the Wilpons who suck the life out of enjoying baseball.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
So what’s up with the Joe Kelly suspension? Cheating is bad but it’s not as bad as taunting?

MLB is a f***ing joke lol. With how well NHL had handled corona the MLB is the biggest laughingstock of the big-4 sports right now.

Reactions: ecemleafs

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
So what’s up with the Joe Kelly suspension? Cheating is bad but it’s not as bad as taunting?

MLB is a f***ing joke lol. With how well NHL had handled corona the MLB is the biggest laughingstock of the big-4 sports right now.

no medals for MLB but let’s see what happens with the NFL.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
St Louis Cardinals home opener postponed due to positive tests.

Just call it already.
This is why MLB should have gone with the bubble or just canceled the season completely. You can't trust players and team staff to do the right thing when they're away from the stadium. What's the rumor regarding the Marlins, something about them getting the virus from a strip club in Atlanta? The NHL has the right idea.

Reactions: Maximus and Leetch3

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I heard the idea of each team having its own bubble. Too late for baseball, but NFL should consider it. Players and Staff will all be staying at local hotels. Traveling is actually pretty safe it seems, it’s stupidity of young immature guys partying, so each team bubbling up would solve that problem. I feel like NFL players would NOT want that, just like MLB players didn’t. That’s working real well for them so far.

OBJ in a bubble? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad