OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Nobody wants more singles and fewer homers.

They want more singles and fewer strikeouts.

As far as Urshella goes, he's about a .310 hitter as a Yankee, so he's absolutely fine.
What you don't want is a low team OPS+ or team OBP. They lead in the former and are 3rd in the latter. They get on base and then drive them in. Recipe for success. What you don't want is a high HR total, high K total and low OBP which isn't the Yanks.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What you don't want is a low team OPS+ or team OBP. They lead in the former and are 3rd in the latter. They get on base and then drive them in. Recipe for success. What you don't want is a high HR total, high K total and low OBP which isn't the Yanks.
We've been hearing this for years. When they stop losing playoff games where they score once, I'll stop worrying about it.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
And this will be what, 11 years? Enjoy!
It's sports, I don't worry that much but...
Yep and it's because of their high HR, OPS, and K totals and not because the high variance of results in a small sample size such as a 7 game series.

For someone that has talked about advanced stats a lot on this board, its amazing how little you seem to know about statistical analysis or data science.

But I'll stop being a smart-ass, sorry.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's sports, I don't worry that much but...
Yep and it's because of their high HR, OPS, and K totals and not because the high variance of results in a small sample size such as a 7 game series.

For someone that has talked about advanced stats a lot on this board, its amazing how little you seem to know about statistical analysis or data science.

But I'll stop being a smart-ass, sorry.
The analytics say the Yankees are a good team. Please show me where I said they aren't.

When people tell you in June "this team isn't hitting against the Astros" and then they don't hit against the Astros, maybe there's more to it than variance. Either that, or the variance has gone my way three Octobers in a row and I should play lotto.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Since when is Christian Vasquez a power hitter?

He's on that Chapman training regiment imo. Steroids kill covid.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
They’re 6-1 lol. This is with Sanchez basically being a zero and Gleyber not doing much.

I mean would you rather be the Mets? Or the Red Sox?

they hit 3 singles before urshella hit his bomb.

Don't bother man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad