OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Oh its a lock.

I've had next to zero interest in this season though. If they actually get through the playoffs I hope the Padres win it all.
Just for the absolute f***ing Tatis nonsense, I hope so too.

And I hope he does something dumb with the trophy.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Cole has been underwhelming lately. His command isn't where it needs to be. I wonder about this inexperienced pitching coach that they hired.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Giving up Smith was idiotic.

This f***ing organization.

Did not understand it. Castro is fine, but the price was not worth it.

Castro is Famila without the track record. Great arm, very wild.

Think they're going to run Lugo as an SP now and if he does really well, can see them letting Stroman walk. Thor comes back, Petersen as the 4th guy and find solid 5th guy.

That being said, much would have preferred giving away Porcello and Wacha then just pitch the young guys.

They are pushing to try and lose to the Dodgers. No chance this season.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I may be showing my ignorance but who is Ariel Jurado and why is he starting for the Mets.

Reactions: Greg02

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I may be showing my ignorance but who is Ariel Jurado and why is he starting for the Mets.

pitcher acquired last month from texas for a player to be named later

why he is starting for the mets...cause the mets are terrible and brodie is still the gm....and also 2/3 of the staff is hurt and they have to play like 19 games in 6 days lol

Reactions: jas and Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Well thank f***ing god we were buyers.

I'm just shaking my head. Even with all the injuries too the pitching staff, one would have thought that with the lineup we could trot out there on a daily basis, we could at worst make it too the playoff tournament which was expanded to 8 teams if not contend for the division.

No playoffs and teams like the Marlins and Orioles are much better than them....who knew?

Instead we have pretty much every bat other than Conforto, Dom Smith and Cano under performing severely. McNeil is a shell of the guy he was last year. I thought he was slump proof with a batting eye and stroke like that....guess not.

You knew Alonso would have a bit of downturn as no way could he perform like he did last year when he was phenomenal. But .200 with just 6 homers and less than 20 Ribs at this point after 35 games? Really Pete?

Ramos and Rosario have been pitiful. Rosario especially. WTF?? He looked like he was ascending after last seasons bigtime 2nd half. Now...I don't know what the F they do with him. Ramos...let him go after the year....very dissapointing.

I'm telling you...the only guys I'd keep on the Mets as far offensively for absolute sure would be Conforto, Alonso, Nimmo and McNeil. I'd like to keep Dom Smith and Davis however if I got some solid prospects for them, I'd let them go. Everyone else tho can be had.

As far as pitching...only guys I keep are Jake, Noah, Lugo....that's it! Everyone else can be had. And too be honest, if someone gave me something good for Noah, I'd consider it.

What a shit show this team has become. Only hope now is with Wilpons gone, for Cohen too have control of the team and pull some "George Steninbrenner lite" antics and do whatever needs to be done to bring a winner too Queens.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
If the DH is a forever move I absolutely keep Dom Smith. Honestly he should be playing in the field with Alonso at DH.

Yeah I'd keep him too if DH is a certainty. Amazing the difference being in shape dropping 20-25 pounds has done for Dom. He's a completely different player and he's damn productive too. Supposedly from what I read, he's most popular guy in the room too.

So yeah, I'd do everything I can too keep him. I wouldn't be surprised tho if another team or two came too the Mets and wanted him and would give up a solid prospect so he could be solid trade bait...just sayin!

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Conforto is going into his last arbitration year and will probably get $15-20 million but will probably seek a long term deal . His agent is Scott Boras. Without Steve Cohen buying the team I don't see Conforto here beyond next year if even that. Regarding Dom Smith I also don't see him with the Mets long term with Alonso at first. I think he would look good in a Yankee uniform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad