OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The rotation went from a strength to a weakness real quick. Being down your #2 all season and your #3 to start a short season is rough. Hopefully Stroman comes back soon and they can just keep their head above water till then.

then didn’t hit this weekend at all either. But it’s early.
If 8 teams make it from each league, you basically have to just be around .500 to get in. Last year the Cubs were 8th in the NL at 84-78, Philly 9th at 81-81, and the Giants 10th at 77-85. In the AL Texas was 8th at 78-84 and then CWS was 72-89 and LAA 72-90. So, depending on how things shake out, you can probably get in at 32-28 or possibly even substantially worse. Just need to tread water until Stroman is back. The bats will come aorund, "hitting is always behind pitching this time of year" and all that. As long as they can hover around .500 until Stroman is ready I think they'll probably make the cut.

Still not sure I care as this all seems stupid, but whatever.

Reactions: GoAwayStaal

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Ah, Atlanta. Or, as they say, Hotlanta. Where Mets' hopes and dreams always die.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If the MLB season is cancelled, this is going to actually be a really good thing for the NHL. The NFL is becoming more and more of a joke and taking out people's ability to watch the MLB will lead more people to watching hockey, at a time when the games should be played at their highest levels (playoffs)

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I wonder what the NFL’s backup plan is now that the traveling thing is blowing up in the MLB’s face

Not even sure how you’d do an NFL bubble

If the MLB season is cancelled, this is going to actually be a really good thing for the NHL. The NFL is becoming more and more of a joke and taking out people's ability to watch the MLB will lead more people to watching hockey, at a time when the games should be played at their highest levels (playoffs)
I would agree but the NBA will get most of the limelight unfortunately

Hockey is a big 4 sport in the US but the average person doesn’t care

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Sooooooo dumb. The players aren't staying home and many live in hot beds. All it takes is one. And with testing every other day there's a needless added delay to positive results leading to further spread. Who didn't see this coming a mile away? My 6 year old is going to be devastated, he was pumped for the Yanks to play every night this week.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
That the Marlins went through playing despite knowing a bunch of their guys tested positive is despicable.
It really is. Risking the lives of other players and their families. So f***ing selfish. If what they were doing in any way violated the protocol I hope they're forced to forfeit the season.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Baseball spent the shutdown arguing who was going to eat the financial losses, with very little thought going into planning for how to safely resume. They ignore how European soccer leagues restarted, how the NBA and NHL planned a bubble, and every other recommendation while spending their energy just trying to f*** each other out of money.

That baseball is called America's past time is just a *chef's kiss* on this whole thing. Perfect analogy.

Zoot Love

Jul 20, 2020
I don't think there is a big problem until the tests for the Phillies come back. If no positives, figure out what to do with the Marlins and keep playing. A lot hinges on the Phillies tests.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
How soon after I'm infected with the new coronavirus will I start to be contagious?

The time from exposure to symptom onset (known as the incubation period) is thought to be three to 14 days, though symptoms typically appear within four or five days after exposure.
We know that a person with COVID-19 may be contagious 48 to 72 hours before starting to experience symptoms. Emerging research suggests that people may actually be most likely to spread the virus to others during the 48 hours before they start to experience symptoms.
If true, this strengthens the case for face masks, physical distancing, and contact tracing, all of which can help reduce the risk that someone who is infected but not yet contagious may unknowingly infect others.

If you've been exposed to the coronavirus - Harvard Health

I would say that's baseballs problem right now, the Phillies might all come back negative, but that doesn't mean they are out of the clear right away.

Reactions: nyr2k2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad