OT: MLB Thread XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
You can’t blame a single guy for this loss but I’m sorry, I don’t want to see Diaz close ever again lol

He gives no one any faith he can get the job done. Give me Lugo and Wilson in the 8th and 9th, and see what Familia and Betances can do. Diaz is too hit or miss.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
This new extra inning rule gives me something to hate as much as the shootout.
Agreed hate it. At least shootouts are somewhat exciting for the casual fan. Who thought of this extra inning BS?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The extra inning thing is dumb and I wouldn't expect it to stick past this season, even though they've previously experimented with it in the minors. I understand why they want it for this year, with the compressed schedule and all. Guys hate 16 inning games in normal times, but in a season like this it can really f*** up your bullpen badly.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He gives no one any faith he can get the job done. Give me Lugo and Wilson in the 8th and 9th, and see what Familia and Betances can do. Diaz is too hit or miss.

it’s funny how the advanced metrics actually suggested Diaz was sharper yesterday than he was Friday. Sometimes it’s about luck more than anything else. Freeman and Adams barely missed pitches Friday which were mistakes

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
it’s funny how the advanced metrics actually suggested Diaz was sharper yesterday than he was Friday. Sometimes it’s about luck more than anything else. Freeman and Adams barely missed pitches Friday which were mistakes

regardless, the trade was asinine. The reward for a floundered season was Kelenic. Tossed away for garbage. An 2nd baseman with one foot in the baseball grave who comes off a steroid suspension while a closer should be added as the final piece. Like the Redskins ownership (or whatever they are) the Mets are hopeless.

Last edited:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Closers are like kickers and goalies. Super helpful when you have a good one, but so damn volatile and bad long-term investments. Figure out who in the bullpen can reliably close out a game and run with him until it stops working.

Reactions: bleedblue94

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Mets should try pitching Dr. Fauci can't be worse than Oswalt.
I couldn't watch yesterday as I was celebrating one of my kid's birthday. I saw we got crushed and checked the box. Seeing that Porcello was slammed was disconcerting. Seeing Oswalt and Sewald got hammered, that was no surprise, as neither are ML-caliber pitchers.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The rotation went from a strength to a weakness real quick. Being down your #2 all season and your #3 to start a short season is rough. Hopefully Stroman comes back soon and they can just keep their head above water till then.

then didn’t hit this weekend at all either. But it’s early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad