OT: MLB Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What exactly are you going to do to the Astros that is really going to hurt them in the now?
No player is going to be suspended.
The manager or GM suspended? so what
Draft picks? Meaningless
Cash fines? Unless its 50 million or more its meaningless.
Take wins away.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Does his contract still count against the Yankees cap number?
Yes. However, I read something along the lines of he's not insured for the last season of his contract, so since he isn't going to be playing anyway and we aren't getting any money back, having the extra roster spot makes the most sense. Not sure how accurate the no insurance thing I read is, though.

Reactions: Leetch3

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The Rangers are “definitely intrigued” by the idea of acquiring Miguel Andújar from the Yankees to fill their third base vacancy, hears T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com. The Yankees have gotten numerous hits on Andújar this offseason, with interested teams perhaps looking to buy low after a labrum tear ended the 24-year-old’s season in April. With Gio Urshela having supplanted Andújar at the hot corner in the Bronx, the 2018 AL Rookie of the Year runner-up now looks like an interesting trade candidate. Free agency remains an option for Texas, too; Sullivan hears the Rangers are still interested in Josh Donaldson, whom the MLBTR staff guessed would end up in Arlington on a three year, $75MM deal.

I was gonna suggest Profar, but realized they traded him already last season to the A's. Nothing else really interests me (their aces probably won't be moved for Andujar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad