OT: MLB Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
Absolutely fed the f*** up with sports these past few years. From watching the Rangers lose to the Devils and Lightning in the conference finals and the Kings in the finals, then having to watch back to back cups by the Pens. Then the Patriots winning a million times. The Mets lose to the Royals in the series who immediately become dog shit afterwards. Then the Red Sox win with their insufferable fan base. The Nets land BOTH Kyrie and Durant. And now the Nats are looking like the Cinderella team to win it all. Meanwhile I have to sit here and be forced to watch the Mets/Jets/Knicks wallow in ineptitude. The Rangers are the only somewhat bright spot so far but all that winning from rival teams and not a single trophy for a NY team. What a shame.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Did Boone give any explanation for Torres being removed from the 3 hole?

How big would that have been to have him up in the first with 1st and 2nd with no out? Cole pitched around him after he got Gardner and Encarnarcion out. He would not have been able to do that if Torres was hitting 3rd. Unless he didn't mind loading the bases with no one out.

Boone seem to have gotten too cute. I can't get into his head but I think he put Gardner 3 cause he has knack for hitting big HRs.
Here's the problem with that, it's all over the internet last week, that MLB changed the ball in the playoffs. So no more juiced ball. Which I totally think is a big factor in Gardner hitting so many HRs this year. And two, Gardner is a career .200 hitter in the playoffs.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Honestly, the thing I hated most about the Nationals was Bryce Harper. Now that he is on a team that I hate even more, I think its kind of funny that the Nats are going to the World Series in their first year without him.

I'm here for it.

f*** Bryce Harper.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

How big would that have been to have him up in the first with 1st and 2nd with no out? Cole pitched around him after he got Gardner and Encarnarcion out. He would not have been able to do that if Torres was hitting 3rd. Unless he didn't mind loading the bases with no one out.

Boone seem to have gotten too cute. I can't get into his head but I think he put Gardner 3 cause he has knack for hitting big HRs.
Here's the problem with that, it's all over the internet last week, that MLB changed the ball in the playoffs. So no more juiced ball. Which I totally think is a big factor in Gardner hitting so many HRs this year. And two, Gardner is a career .200 hitter in the playoffs.

Boone's also continued reliance on Ottavino when it's clear he's struggling or playing injured contributed to losing games 2 and 3.

Edit-And yes, it's obvious the juiced balls from the regular season aren't in the postseason. Didi's home run last night would have likely gotten out if they were

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Honestly, the thing I hated most about the Nationals was Bryce Harper. Now that he is on a team that I hate even more, I think its kind of funny that the Nats are going to the World Series in their first year without him.

I'm here for it.

**** Bryce Harper.
I'm with ya, but I have the added reality of working in DC and living in the suburbs and dealing with the bandwagon Nats fans all day. They can all f*** themselves.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The Nationals "smartest team in the room" attitude with shutting down Strasburg in 2012 when they would have won the whole thing makes me root against them and hope they NEVER win a World Series.

Which means if the Yankees lose to Houston, I won't watch a minute of the Series. I could go to a club and watch the same style douchebag fest.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Some of our players are really going to have to dig deep. Aside from Torres who has looked like a seasoned vet on a mission, DJLM, and Judge there is room for improvement just about everywhere else in the lineup.

Today is do or die... if half the team doesn't show up again it won't be a good look.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
If the Astros go up 3-1, I think they would just save Verlander for game 6.

2-2, they probably pitch him.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

Game 5 would be Friday, putting verlander on normal rest for it, no?

No way you hold back Verlander on normal rest. If it's 3-1 you try to end it.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

with the game being postponed...greinke and verlander will be on normal rest. the question is depending on where the series stands is if they come back with Cole in game 6 on short rest or go with an opener and save him for a potential game 7 on normal rest.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Either way, the Yankees still have to beat Verlander or Cole once if they take care of business in their other two games.

They desperately need Tanaka and Paxton to be great next two days, with them going full pen in game 6, and then Severino being on the shortest leash imaginable in game 7.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
It's a blessing for the Yankees too.

Go Tanaka in Game 4. Hope and pray Paxton and Severino can give good efforts in 5 and 6 if it gets there. Tanaka on 3 days rest in game 7 if it gets there. The Astros were going to pitch Verlander and Cole in this series again anyway irregardless of weather delays if the series went back to Houston.

Reactions: romba

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The problem is that the majority of our lineup are not the kinds of hitters that excel in playoff baseball. Too many easy outs. Outside of Judge, DJ and Torres, no one else should have a guaranteed spot on the team next year. I think a major overhaul is needed for this team to win a title.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

It's just because Gardner is left handed.

That makes sense against an average RHP who really gets righties out. Cole gets f***ing everyone out.

So yeah, it's too cute.

Reactions: JCProdigy

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Absolutely fed the **** up with sports these past few years. From watching the Rangers lose to the Devils and Lightning in the conference finals and the Kings in the finals, then having to watch back to back cups by the Pens. Then the Patriots winning a million times. The Mets lose to the Royals in the series who immediately become dog **** afterwards. Then the Red Sox win with their insufferable fan base. The Nets land BOTH Kyrie and Durant. And now the Nats are looking like the Cinderella team to win it all. Meanwhile I have to sit here and be forced to watch the Mets/Jets/Knicks wallow in ineptitude. The Rangers are the only somewhat bright spot so far but all that winning from rival teams and not a single trophy for a NY team. What a shame.
Don’t forget ovechkin winning while Hank will probably never get another chance at the cup. But you’re right compared to those other ny franchises the Rangers have been a bright spot for the most part

Last edited:
Reactions: BlessThisMess513

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Obviously game 4 is a must win. If Tanaka is ready put him in. He is the only postseason pitcher to start that we can trust

Reactions: I Eat Crow

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Either way, the Yankees still have to beat Verlander or Cole once if they take care of business in their other two games.

They desperately need Tanaka and Paxton to be great next two days, with them going full pen in game 6, and then Severino being on the shortest leash imaginable in game 7.
If they go with Severino in game 7 over Tanaka on short rest, so help me God, I will take a dump and mail it to Aaron Boone.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It's a blessing for the Yankees too.

Go Tanaka in Game 4. Hope and pray Paxton and Severino can give good efforts in 5 and 6 if it gets there. Tanaka on 3 days rest in game 7 if it gets there. The Astros were going to pitch Verlander and Cole in this series again anyway irregardless of weather delays if the series went back to Houston.

I’m sure he will be in the pen, but Tanaka wouldn’t be on 3 days rest on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad