OT: MLB Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

That contract will end up being one of the worst ever given out. Especially if a team in a launching pad gives it to him like Toronto Texas or Philly. If he goes to Chicago or San Diego he might fare slightly better but Wheeler’s biggest issue is he’s a 5-6 inning pitcher too often which kills your relievers and he has about 10-13 starts per year where he is below quality. That’s too many for a guy to be a 2 or 3 starter

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Trading an actual chip like Dom Smith to free us from 1 year, $11.5 million of Jed Lowrie would be really terrible.
The Mets should trade Dom since he'll have few opportunities to play. What do you think the return should be? At this point last season everyone here thought he was a bust. I don't know that the Mets need to trade Lowrie but he isn't going to be a starter (assuming McNeil plays 3B). And if they can get rid of Familia that might be a sufficient result but maybe they can get a decent prospect back.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
The Mets should trade Dom since he'll have few opportunities to play. What do you think the return should be? At this point last season everyone here thought he was a bust. I don't know that the Mets need to trade Lowrie but he isn't going to be a starter (assuming McNeil plays 3B). And if they can get rid of Familia that might be a sufficient result but maybe they can get a decent prospect back.

Trading Dom and trading Dom to unload another player's salary are two totally different things.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Trading Dom and trading Dom to unload another player's salary are two totally different things.
They should probably trade both regardless. Do you think what they can get back individually would be better than if traded as a package?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Basically took the price of a qualifying offer.

Replaced Keuchel with Hamels. Not sure it's an upgrade tbh.

Guess the market for mid-tier pitching is there. Going to be interesting to see what the multi-year deals are going to look like.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Familia was always a terrible signing.

He blew G1 of the WS, then blew the WC game in 2016. It was always time to move on.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Glad they told him no. We don't need to commit that kind of money to a guy that is our #3.

Stroman was always his replacement for the rotation. Go find me a LHP to fill out the rotation.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I never really thought too highly of Zack Wheeler, I love my Mets. But never felt comfortable with Zack in big games. He can sorta dominate against subpar teams nevertheless. Too inconsistent and gives up a lot of homers. It won’t work well especially with his tommy johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->