OT: MLB Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It's nice to have a player like Alonso. Very genuine guy and you can tell he really cares about winning and getting better.

Talked about winning a gold glove one day as a goal. Not sure it'll happen, but I wouldn't put it past him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
giphy.gif

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Astros and the Braves are the most notorious cheaters in baseball. It's not surprising to me really.

But, I'm sure there are others doing this stuff too. Not to the degree of the Astros banging on a trash can to indicate a changeup.

Kind of wish there was a little more old school in baseball, because if the pitcher heard this back in the day, Gattis would have been planted on his ass or gotten drill because of it.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
lol Texas must be using smoke signals cause that shit ain't helping them.

Last edited:

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Yeah, this is my shocked face about Houston cheating :O

I agree with Cassano, f*** 'em. Strip them of their 2017 World Series win.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
No one's stripping anyone of anything, nor should they.

Unless you want to go back over the Mitchell Report era and world series won during that time?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
They’re not going to strip anyone of anything.

ding them a shit load of money and draft picks and be done with it.

The steroids argument is a bad one though. The rules in place pre Mitchell report were pretty lax and you’re assuming that every team the Yankees beat during that time was clean, we know they weren’t.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

ding them a **** load of money and draft picks and be done with it.

The steroids argument is a bad one though. The rules in place pre Mitchell report were pretty lax and you’re assuming that every team the Yankees beat during that time was clean, we know they weren’t.

and we're assuming the Astros are the only team cheating?

For the record I'm not defending the Astros. f*** them - they got caught hammer them.

but the suggestions of overturning wins and all that are crazy. This isn't the NCAA.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

ding them a **** load of money and draft picks and be done with it.

Steroids were illegal since 1991. MLB doesn't ban bank robbery either. But yeah pretty much every team was juiced. I'll wager that most players we assume were clean were not. IIRC one of the Mets clubhouse workers was a dealer.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
and we're assuming the Astros are the only team cheating?

For the record I'm not defending the Astros. **** them - they got caught hammer them.

but the suggestions of overturning wins and all that are crazy. This isn't the NCAA.

absolutely not, but there is a limit on how far we can allow this to go on.

it’s like speeding, most people aren’t going to go 55 in a 55 but eventually some asshole will drive fast enough where they’re going to get pulled over. Using electronics to steal signs is going above and beyond what I would consider reasonable.

and no, I don’t think every team is doing this. Agree that vacating wins is dumb and something that would never happen.

Reactions: ponzu4u
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad