OT: MLB Thread - Part XVII: Mets and Yankees Play Base-Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Betances threw 11 damn pitches last night. its August, its no longer April.. I'm pretty damn sure he could have pitched the 7th inning if this joker was gonna pitch the 8th.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
There goes the division.Chapman doesn't even look at the baserunners-double steal...doesn't back up home plate on the hit.Mental ****ing midget.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Chapman was a complete waste to re sign, the best thing he ever did for the Yankees was get Torres, we should have stopped there, but Hal had to have him.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Betances threw 11 damn pitches last night. its August, its no longer April.. I'm pretty damn sure he could have pitched the 7th inning if this joker was gonna pitch the 8th.

Agreed.

He has the best bullpen at his disposal and still manages to botch it time after time. He needs to go.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Chapman was a complete waste to re sign, the best thing he ever did for the Yankees was get Torres, we should have stopped there, but Hal had to have him.

Disagree with this, since it didn't cost the team a draft choice anyways. Our bullpen going into the season without him would've been very questionable.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Disagree with this, since it didn't cost the team a draft choice anyways. Our bullpen going into the season without him would've been very questionable.

They could have traded for Robertson (who was always available) just like they just did. They could have also signed Holland (who I wanted more) and let Betances close.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

I think Chapman will be the Chapman we know starting next season. However, I've pretty much written him off this season. Between the injury he had and the WS hangover and Maddon and Cubs abusing him. He's not just good this year...

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They could have traded for Robertson (who was always available) just like they just did. They could have also signed Holland (who I wanted more) and let Betances close.

Holland missed the entire year previously. It was a huge question mark.

Robertson was never as good as Chapman, well at least prior to this year. I would've hated moving prospects for him instead of just signing Chapman for just $$$.

I think Chapman will be the Chapman we know starting next season. However, I've pretty much written him off this season. Between the injury he had and the WS hangover and Maddon and Cubs abusing him. He's not just good this year...

Agreed.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013

You are making a lot of excuses for him.None of that stuff you said explain s why he is mentally weak.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Holland missed the entire year previously. It was a huge question mark.

Robertson was never as good as Chapman, well at least prior to this year. I would've hated moving prospects for him instead of just signing Chapman for just $$$.

Well, looks like I was right... Chapman is shot, no confidence, one pitch pitcher, and major leaguers can now hit straight FBs no matter how hard it is.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

He is and always has been a 1 pitch pitcher, he only knows to throw hard, get in a jam? throw harder. he has no idea how to pitch.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
You are making a lot of excuses for him.None of that stuff you said explain s why he is mentally weak.

Because he's never been mentally weak in his career. Was he mentally weak for the Cubs in the playoffs last season?

Players have off seasons, it happens. If Chapman is like this next season, then I'll officially start to worry.

This is another game that, once again, was lost by Girardi anyway.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If you don't think the Yankees traded for Robertson because they realized this was going to continue with Chapman you're crazy. I'll even put money on it that the Yankees re sign Robertson as long as he remains effective after next year

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Extremely sad to not have Granderson in the city.

Flawed baseball player, but a world class human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad