OT: MLB Thread - Part XVII: Mets and Yankees Play Base-Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Garcia threw well today and was lifted too early, but at least that can be defended because he was lifted for Green who has been nearly unhittable for a while now.

No PH for Frazier or Romine in the 8th was unforgivable.

Lifting Betances with 2 outs with 2 righties due up was the pinnacle of stupid though, thats as bad as AV running Staal out to defend a 1 goal lead with less than a minute left.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
They can't outbid teams for Otani. He'll get to choose his destination and everything I've read points to the Yankees or the Dodgers.

lol if you think Stephen Drew had anything to do with not getting Moncada.

which honestly makes the most sense. He could join a team with 2 young rosters (Yankees really young) so he can play with the same players for a while, Dodgers and Yankees seem to be huge in Japan (Yankees more than the Dodgers IMO), NY and LA are huge markets so he knows he could get huge endorsements if he proves to be worth it, and both teams can offer him the max extension he would want if he performs up to expectations when he's available.

The only thing I think may give the Yankees a slight edge over the Dodgers is they are in the penalty and can't offer an IFA more than 300K until next July. Obviously him coming to the majors already shows he's not all about money, but if someone can offer you 4M opposed to 300K?..

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Probably obvious, but I think it's between the Dodgers and Yankees for Otani.

Two dark horse teams could be the Angels and Texas Rangers, but I think he either goes to the Dodgers or Yankees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad