MLB The Show 19

Sep 19, 2008
D0hPO61WsAMFGi0.jpg

@Cody Webster

Reactions: Cody Webster

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Curious how often those "dynamic moments" in a game pop up. Hopefully not too frequently.

Has anyone heard if/when there's going to be an early release off the PSN? I think there was one last year.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Is this a game worth trying for those who aren't huge baseball fans? I've been eyeing this franchise for years.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I was reading that there wasn't going to be one this year.

Thanks Hammer.

I'm curious to see if they will increase the amount of unique no-doubter home run animation/celebrations for left hand hitters. I've always been one. It wasn't until I created a switch hitter in RTTS that I realized there were soooo many more/better ones as a righty. Curious if they can mirror them.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
looks like a polished season mode. Wish they spent that time on Franchise. Who knows, maybe the will have something up their sleeves for franchise.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Does this franchise have a mode similar to NHL's be a pro mode?
It does. It's called Road To The Show or RTTS for short. Cool thing about this version thats different from other games is you can transfer your player to the next years game and continue their career.

Reactions: JCraw1

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I bit the bullet and bought the preorder. I am more a DD and RttS player so the main complains for the franchise really doesn’t concern me, though I do like that the March to October mode gives you a reward.

JCraw1

Jul 22, 2014
It does. It's called Road To The Show or RTTS for short. Cool thing about this version thats different from other games is you can transfer your player to the next years game and continue their career.

Thanks for the info.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
This new MArch to October mode has me intrigued. Might consider buying the game now after I see some more stuff on it

Reactions: SPV

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I like the March to October look. Might be interesting to try different teams and play through a whole season in quicker fashion. As a franchise player, I often will sim many games to advance through multiple seasons, so this works for me. And with the ability to move into a regular franchise mode with the save is a big bonus too.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm also intrigued by the new mode. Just a quick question, which I assume is probably very obvious: this game will come out at regular price and remain so for many months, even into the offseason? Has there historically been a good early price to jump on, or is it basically the obvious – pay up if you want a shiny new baseball game when MLB is starting up?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'm also intrigued by the new mode. Just a quick question, which I assume is probably very obvious: this game will come out at regular price and remain so for many months, even into the offseason? Has there historically been a good early price to jump on, or is it basically the obvious – pay up if you want a shiny new baseball game when MLB is starting up?

With these major sports league games; Nhl, mlb the show, fifa, etc, they dont really drop/discount alot in terms of price. I just picked up the latest NHL game on ps4 on boxing day for $45. That's the best discount I've witnessed in years. All depends on how badly you want to play the game. Im counting down the days for this one to get active on the psn store.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ Spinoza

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Ive never once transfered a RTTS player from 16 to 17, or 17 to 18. When you do this, does it transfer the entire roster/teams to this new game?? Or does it transplant your RTTS player onto the new rosters. For example, im just curious if i make a LF for the Phillies in MLB18, and i transfer, if i can run opposite to Harper in the new game. Additionally...i wonder if i get to play in a league that has all these newly added prospects that werent in the game for mlb18.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Ive never once transfered a RTTS player from 16 to 17, or 17 to 18. When you do this, does it transfer the entire roster/teams to this new game?? Or does it transplant your RTTS player onto the new rosters. For example, im just curious if i make a LF for the Phillies in MLB18, and i transfer, if i can run opposite to Harper in the new game. Additionally...i wonder if i get to play in a league that has all these newly added prospects that werent in the game for mlb18.
It doesn't transfer your whole team, just your RTTS player. If you wan't to play with prospects, you can start a new RTTS gameplay from the minor leagues and work your way up.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
@9:45

What they've done is they've increased the chance to hit more hard line drives/doubles as a contact hitter. Rather than bleeders/little loopers consistently. (thank god) If you're a pure power hitter, you'll obviously hit more doubles/home runs, but it will be more difficult to actually "make contact" in this years game. Which should be interesting. With a mid-level player in 18, I did find it a bit too easy to foul off/spoil a pitch way out of the strikezone.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah so basically as I expected they have done what amounts to nothing at all to Franchise....Gonna be the first year in a decade that this isn't going to be a day 1 buy. Gonna sit this one out a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad