MLB The Show 19

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Ya, pitching is still fine, but the hitting... I went 19 innings into a 1-1 conquest game last week. In the 16th, I had based loaded, none away (double, hbp, walk). Guess fastball up. It is. Good timing... weak infield fly. Guess cutter inside. It is. Good timing... weak infield fly. Guess fastball low. It’s high, but got the pci indicator over it. Good timing. Weak fly to short right field. All three were great pitches to hit, and I can’t even get the ball past the infielders because the contact was so bad. I’m not expecting to hit a home run every time, but not even being able to hit a sac fly in 2 tries when you’ve even guessed the pitch correctly? Come on

At that point I tried to finish the game, and finally ended up giving up a hr over the green monster, off of a curveball out of the zone low. I shut the game off then and haven’t picked it up since. I probably won’t again either unless there’s talk that they’ve fixed the game.
Have you tried zone hitting yet? You aren't going to be able to hit those inside pitches well continually on directional hitting. You are just setting yourself up for an rng fest with directional hitting.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Have you tried zone hitting yet? You aren't going to be able to hit those inside pitches well continually on directional hitting. You are just setting yourself up for an rng fest with directional hitting.

Ya I switched a few days before that game. I also started playing around with the camera (I started drawing more walks after going to strike zone). I was also looking up tutorials trying to find anything I’m missing. I’m doing everything “right”. I’m getting good timing, on hittable pitches in the strike zone, with the PCI well over the ball. But in 2019, I suddenly can’t get a hit with runners in scoring position, or basically ever hit home runs. Offline gameplay is just garbage this year.

My pitchers all have 0.00 to 1.50 ERAs. But I’m forced to play on average like 8-12 innings of conquest before I can manage a run. And in a 3 inning mode, that wrecks the enjoyment pretty fast.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Ya I switched a few days before that game. I also started playing around with the camera (I started drawing more walks after going to strike zone). I was also looking up tutorials trying to find anything I’m missing. I’m doing everything “right”. I’m getting good timing, on hittable pitches in the strike zone, with the PCI well over the ball. But in 2019, I suddenly can’t get a hit with runners in scoring position, or basically ever hit home runs. Offline gameplay is just garbage this year.

My pitchers all have 0.00 to 1.50 ERAs. But I’m forced to play on average like 8-12 innings of conquest before I can manage a run. And in a 3 inning mode, that wrecks the enjoyment pretty fast.
My advice would be just to practice. It really shouldn't take that much effort to win conquest games. It definitely takes a lot of time. I started in 17 and I don't consider myself to be very good. I can reach WS ranks but I would have to get some luck along the way.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Team update:
SS: Reyes
RF: SS Gwynn
LF: Trout
1st: Murray
C: CAP
CF: Ichiro
3B: Donaldson
P:
2nd: Dee Gordon

Having speed all throughout the lineup has made it easier to manufacture runs. Been getting a lot of hits with this contact setup and am really enjoying it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Had the exact same issue. Power is totally broken in this game. Sell your power hitters and put together a speed/contact lineup. You’ll score runs in bunches just with little flares and grounders through the infield. It’s pretty boring, but it’s effective. They hit the nerf hammer a bit too hard with power this year. Last year power was everything. If a guy couldn’t hit for power he was trash. This year power is worthless. There’s a happy medium somewhere but they’ve not found it yet.

I have so many examples of power being useless. The Rockies diamond team affinity player, Donte Bichette is supposed to be a monster. 80+ in every hitting category. I have 1 HR in over 200 ABs with him. That’s broken. Trevor Story, 99 power against lefties, and I have 1 HR with him all year and it was an inside the park one. I chose Steve Finley as my diamond player to start. Great hitting stats across the board and by far my best power hitter with 7 homers in 450 ABs. I’ve squared up hundreds of pitches and I think I have three homers to show for it. Launch angles are terrible. Everything is a line drive, nothing has any height. Now they’ve nerfed the hell out of program star rewards too. I’ve pretty much stopped playing DD. I’ve just been playing my RTTS pitcher.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Team Update:

Decided to sell Trout and some other diamonds I had accumulated and finish the NL collection.

RF: Gwynn
2B: Hornsby
3B: Matthews
LF: Harper/Buhner (Platoon)
1B: A-Gon/Arenado (Platoon)
P

Wasn't doing too well with rightie hitters for some reason particularly Trout. Maybe its all in my head but I feel like I was doing way better with either contact hitters or lefties.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I can't believe that I can't find many of the unlockable sounds yet on the marketplace. I'd like to use some of them for events in game; but I'm not paying a ridiculous amount of coins to buy packs trying to get them

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Team Update:

Decided to sell Trout and some other diamonds I had accumulated and finish the NL collection.

RF: Gwynn
2B: Hornsby
3B: Matthews
LF: Harper/Buhner (Platoon)
1B: A-Gon/Arenado (Platoon)
P

Wasn't doing too well with rightie hitters for some reason particularly Trout. Maybe its all in my head but I feel like I was doing way better with either contact hitters or lefties.

Personally I couldn't hit with Trout in previous years. I haven't tried him yet this year but I assume it would be much the same.

My current Roster
Henderson, LF
Ramirez, SS
Williams, RF
Encarnacion, 1B
Donaldson, 3B
Snow, C (CAP)
Griffey Jr., CF
Travis, 2B

All are diamonds except Donaldson and Travis.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
My roster:

Buhner, LF
Ichiro (93) CF
Gwynn (99) RF
Longoria 3B
Jeter CAP SS
Simmonds 2B - even downgraded to gold and out of position nothing gets by him
Mattingly 1B
Sanchez C

Rotation of 99 Kershaw, 98 Bumgarner, 91 Newhouser (best pitcher in the game), 89 Feller and swap out a few others in 5 spot - Snell, King Felix, Lee

I don't know, I like the new game with the small ball being a playable thing. Your fielding matters so much. Yeah power is toned from last year, but it should be that's all it was last year. It's more baseball this year.

Thing is I feel there's a rubber band effect EA NHL style this year. Momentum or ice tilt, or field tilt now. For instance a few moments ago I'm playing some dude, we actually went to 19 innings because nobody could get anything going. Both bullpens done. Top of 19, he small balls in a run. And ok, I'm disappointed to spend that much time but I'm going to lose and want to get out. So bottom 19 I just swing at anything to end it. Instead tie it up with a random HR. Then next batter walk off HR win it. Both not even trying.

He deserved the win and I smoke 2 to win it? Feels wrong.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Patch incoming tomorrow
1. Higher exit velocity for power hitters
2. Fixed catcher throw meter bug
3. Removed wind
4. Fixed pre-loaded throw bug when switching OFs
5. Decreased opacity of PCI for zone hitting

Note: Hitting fixes are for online only

Hopefully this fixes the continuous line outs/lack of hrs

Last edited:

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'm having trouble bunting. (Considering I play as the Diamondbacks, an NL team, bunting the ball well is kinda essential.) Anybody have a guide or know the in's and out's of bunting?

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
Haven't played franchise mode in MLB The Show games for awhile but have started one lately for 19. I'm addicted trying to rebuild the Tigers although it does have its limitations.

I'm really contemplating just getting OOTP 20 instead. It looks amazing.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Not sure does anyone play 19 anymore, but i haven't played 20 yet, so, i am :)

Just got a no hitter, franchise mode (Cubs).

The skinny:

9 innings, 85 pitch's, 6 strike outs
8 - 0 over St Louis
Cubs - Lester (locked)
Pitching Difficulty - all-star

all

4SFB 19 - 100%
CUT 18 - 89%
SCV 16 - 63%
CH 15 - 67%
SNK 17 - 71%

Total 79%

rhb

15 - 100%
15 - 93%
13 - 69%
11 - 64%
14 - 71%

total 81%

lrb

4 - 100%
3 - 67%
3 - 33%
4 - 75%
3 - 67%

total 71%

first pitch

6 - 100%
8 - 88%
5 - 60%
4 - 50%
4 - 100%

total 81%

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Damn...almost had a 2nd no hitter (not in a row) this was also against St.Louis and with Lester.
It ended with a solo home run in top of the 7th... had 2 outs in the 7th inning for crying out loud
and 2 effing balls...

I was pitching insanely well... 10 strikeouts, 76 pitches, 86 strike%
Oh well...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad