MLB The Show 19

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm thinking I may skip out on the Show this year. I love the additions in RTTS and think they will just build on them again so I may wait and see the personality system etc get more extensive.

Since I am more of a Franchise guy I may give OOTP Baseball a shot this season instead. I love Football Manager and this may be more up my alley and an overall deeper experience!

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm thinking I may skip out on the Show this year. I love the additions in RTTS and think they will just build on them again so I may wait and see the personality system etc get more extensive.

Since I am more of a Franchise guy I may give OOTP Baseball a shot this season instead. I love Football Manager and this may be more up my alley and an overall deeper experience!

Same here with regards to the bolded... I didn't see any new changes to Franchise mode if I remember correctly.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
If Sony San Diego decided ok, we're the gods of baseball, lets do every other sport... They'd absolutely bury 2k and EA. It actually perplexes me they don't.

They actually made an NBA game for 4 years. Sometimes it’s best to stick with what you’re good at, and they’re certainly very good at making baseball games

Those licenses aren't cheap. SDS is a pretty small company and for them to make it worth the licence fee's they would need to compete with 2k and with such a small team, I doubt its worth the risk in their eyes.

Why would Sony be scared off by a licensing fee? They’re a multi billion dollar company

Same here with regards to the bolded... I didn't see any new changes to Franchise mode if I remember correctly.

I’m just hoping they fix the contract negotiations. Their overhaul last year made the process SO much slower to the point that I went from playing a ton of franchise mode to not even playing 3 seasons total

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
They actually made an NBA game for 4 years. Sometimes it’s best to stick with what you’re good at, and they’re certainly very good at making baseball games

Why would Sony be scared off by a licensing fee? They’re a multi billion dollar company

I’m just hoping they fix the contract negotiations. Their overhaul last year made the process SO much slower to the point that I went from playing a ton of franchise mode to not even playing 3 seasons total
I was under the assumption that SDS pays all the fees?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
They’re a Sony studio. Sony Interactive Entertainment is literally in their name
Then why haven't they made another sports game? Since they are a billion dollar company right? Could it be, possibly... they think they can't compete with the other companies therefore not worth persuing the licenses?

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Then why haven't they made another sports game? Since they are a billion dollar company right? Could it be, possibly... they think they can't compete with the other companies therefore not worth persuing the licenses?

They did make NBA games back in the mid 2000's. Then they got the strangle hold on the baseball market since 2k couldn't be counted on producing a decent MLB game and EA dropped out of the picture after 2005. So they focused all their attention on The Show series. Sony would then use it as a selling point for the PS3 and PS4 since it was a playstation exclusive.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It seems like yesterday these were my most anticipated games of the year...but between franchise mode stagnating and my interest in baseball dropping like a brick thanks to the godawful ownership of my favorite team...it kinda hurts to fully expect to skip this.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
They did make NBA games back in the mid 2000's. Then they got the strangle hold on the baseball market since 2k couldn't be counted on producing a decent MLB game and EA dropped out of the picture after 2005. So they focused all their attention on The Show series. Sony would then use it as a selling point for the PS3 and PS4 since it was a playstation exclusive.
Yup, it was no longer worth it to keep pursuing an already dominated market.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I didn’t say they should pursue it. I said a licensing fee wouldn’t be why they aren’t. The NBA games didn’t take off like the MLB games, so it makes sense to stick with what they’re best at

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I didn’t say they should pursue it. I said a licensing fee wouldn’t be why they aren’t. The NBA games didn’t take off like the MLB games, so it makes sense to stick with what they’re best at
Right, it didn't take off hence it not being worth the trouble and fees that goes along with it.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
They are addressing a ton of things the community wanted changed thats for sure. For me its all moot unless they change hitting.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
thought the operation sports post today about the gameplay sounded very positive. I know those are usually positive, but I liked the parts about the hitting & fielding feeling more fluid.

I also like the roleplaying elements being added to RTTS, I admittedly could end up skipping a lot of it; but I like the concept anyway.

Hopefully we'll find out a little more about franchise mode in the next few weeks. I think the mode is already pretty good, but there are lots of places for improvement.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

they should add the low minors to road to the show i think mvp 05 had single a baseball

Reactions: robertmac43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->