MLB The Show 19

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I like that they added a dorm room/apartment feature as well as interactions with other players, etc. that always seemed like a no-brainer to me in be a pro modes & can't believe nobody outside of Power Pros has ever done it.

Hopefully we'll find out more about franchise mode too, as those are the only two modes I play

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
I'll get it. I hope to get a 4k receiver (and hopefully a PS4 Pro) so I can play MLB The Show in true 4k.

Edit: I forgot that my HDMI cables are capped at 1080P, so there's another item that needs upgrading. #DOH!

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
It’s definitely the best sports game out there imo. I play a lot online and it doesn’t feel like there’s a lot of cheap exploits that are in games like NHL. Feels like when you lose it’s deserved. Can’t wait for this

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Haven't played this since 13 or 14 so might give this one a shot.

I used to adore baseball games because they were kind of graphical showcases. All Star Baseball 98 on N64 was mind blowing at the time.

Sep 19, 2008
I'll get it. I hope to get a 4k receiver (and hopefully a PS4 Pro) so I can play MLB The Show in true 4k.

Edit: I forgot that my HDMI cables are capped at 1080P, so there's another item that needs upgrading. #DOH!
hold on there sport you need 4k cables

Damn

Since I am very cheap I will just use my current HDMI cables and my original Non-Pro PS4

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
My team the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is the Edmonton Oilers of MLB.
Trout = McDavid. Ohtani = Draisaitl. Simmons = Nuge. Pujols = Lucic.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
My team the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is the Edmonton Oilers of MLB.
Trout = McDavid. Ohtani = Draisaitl. Simmons = Nuge. Pujols = Lucic.
Oh don't do my boy Pujols dirty like that :( . I know he's a nothing player now....but he was so much more than Lucic ever was. Pujols is like....if Messier came out of retirement and starting playing right now to run with your analogy.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Oh don't do my boy Pujols dirty like that :( . I know he's a nothing player now....but he was so much more than Lucic ever was. Pujols is like....if Messier came out of retirement and starting playing right now to run with your analogy.
All very true. it was based on both of them being dead weight cap hits in terms of production & salary & the effect they have on their teams ability to sign FAs to support the #1 player in the game.

I can only imagine the MLB version of HF would have like 100 Trout trade threads like there is with McDavid trade threads.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I got to be apart of the open Alpha, but I was so disappointed with 18 that I am considering skipping this year. Will see what all has been improved in the developers vids, but right now leaning towards no. One of my biggest grips was the hitting. The pci was terrible, it seemed that if you hit x while moving the pci it would record the swing location before contact was made. And for someone who has a late swing like me this resulted in the PCI being all over the place as I would try to set up where I thought they were going to pitch and react after.

This resulted in ALOT of 1-0 games in DD where both of use had stacked all diamond teams.

As for pitching I used the classic controls so I the only complaint I had was the occasional pitch that was suppose to be inside and down ended up being meat balls. I do not think the pitch speed needs to be increased, I found it a lot hard to time up fast balls after later in the year as it was. Again probably doesn’t help that I have a naturally late swing.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It doesn't look like they did anything for franchise mode... :(

Also, I wish they included custom shifts. The shift is one of the biggest changes to the real life game recently, and yet, the game probably didn't do anything to adjust it.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I got to be apart of the open Alpha, but I was so disappointed with 18 that I am considering skipping this year. Will see what all has been improved in the developers vids, but right now leaning towards no. One of my biggest grips was the hitting. The pci was terrible, it seemed that if you hit x while moving the pci it would record the swing location before contact was made. And for someone who has a late swing like me this resulted in the PCI being all over the place as I would try to set up where I thought they were going to pitch and react after.

This resulted in ALOT of 1-0 games in DD where both of use had stacked all diamond teams.

As for pitching I used the classic controls so I the only complaint I had was the occasional pitch that was suppose to be inside and down ended up being meat balls. I do not think the pitch speed needs to be increased, I found it a lot hard to time up fast balls after later in the year as it was. Again probably doesn’t help that I have a naturally late swing.
during the alpha, was the pitch speed the same as last years game roughly?

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I thought 18 was much better than 17. I do hall of fame pitching and all star hitting and thought it played well but a little easy. I had no problem scoring runs.

I’ve been doing my own roster changes during the off-season so I don’t plan on buying 19. Will be the first year since 08 I don’t buy it. Have to get it in 2020 for the new Rangers ballpark and a perfected Vladdy Jr.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I like that they added a dorm room/apartment feature as well as interactions with other players, etc. that always seemed like a no-brainer to me in be a pro modes & can't believe nobody outside of Power Pros has ever done it.

Hopefully we'll find out more about franchise mode too, as those are the only two modes I play
f*** I loved Power Pros lol

I hope the make one for Switch

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
By far the best sports franchise out there. I cannot wait for this one too. Hitting isn't a mess, neither is pitching, despite what people will have you believe. There are always timing glitches with online games, but offline the game is a beast.

My issues with 18 were fielding Gods. There was very little way to get on base if you didn't hit it out of the park, even grinding games on rookie, there's little gap the outfielders all got such a good jump on anything you hit or up the middle AI defence would be diving all over the place. But they seem to have focused on that, and contact hitters - which is ideal.

Again, by far the best sports game on the market. Now you're offering me Ty Cobb and Willie Mays? 100% in.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I thought 18 was much better than 17. I do hall of fame pitching and all star hitting and thought it played well but a little easy. I had no problem scoring runs.

I’ve been doing my own roster changes during the off-season so I don’t plan on buying 19. Will be the first year since 08 I don’t buy it. Have to get it in 2020 for the new Rangers ballpark and a perfected Vladdy Jr.

It is better. What happened was online - they slowed down fast balls, so people couldn't barn burn people or suddenly their timing was off. They closed the gap between the top 100 players and the next 900,000 players. Only thing is the top 100 players complain the most, because suddenly they weren't easily cruising to victory and rewards. Like any game with streamers it's a toxic community of online idiots. Nobody is happy either way.

Playing offline, it's by far the best they've had. And as someone that by February every year goes back to MLB 14 to try and get the friggin Cabrera 3HR game and Trout Cycle trophies - I can attest to the fact within 4 years they've gone from GTA San Andreas to RDR 2 in gameplay and visuals. While EA NHL 14-19 is barely indistinguishable.

If Sony San Diego decided ok, we're the gods of baseball, lets do every other sport... They'd absolutely bury 2k and EA. It actually perplexes me they don't.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It is better. What happened was online - they slowed down fast balls, so people couldn't barn burn people or suddenly their timing was off. They closed the gap between the top 100 players and the next 900,000 players. Only thing is the top 100 players complain the most, because suddenly they weren't easily cruising to victory and rewards. Like any game with streamers it's a toxic community of online idiots. Nobody is happy either way.

Playing offline, it's by far the best they've had. And as someone that by February every year goes back to MLB 14 to try and get the friggin Cabrera 3HR game and Trout Cycle trophies - I can attest to the fact within 4 years they've gone from GTA San Andreas to RDR 2 in gameplay and visuals. While EA NHL 14-19 is barely indistinguishable.

If Sony San Diego decided ok, we're the gods of baseball, lets do every other sport... They'd absolutely bury 2k and EA. It actually perplexes me they don't.
Those licenses aren't cheap. SDS is a pretty small company and for them to make it worth the licence fee's they would need to compete with 2k and with such a small team, I doubt its worth the risk in their eyes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad