MLB Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In a perfect world Phillips shows a pulse and Bruce has a monster 1st half and they get something for them.

They won't move Votto. Not without eating a sizeable chunk of that salary.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Probably right. They'd be eating a good chunk of his salary too.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Rockies started 4-0 last season and look how that turned out for them.

So did the Reds. I'm not saying they're going to win the world series but they are not a bad team and they'll surprise people with how well they play.

But the overreaction to my comment is pretty interweb typical.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
San Diego finally scored on Friday, in a big way. True, they were playing in Coors Field, but at least they broke out of their scoreless streak.

(Can't believe I post on the wrong thread. :blush: )

darko

Feb 16, 2009
So did the Reds. I'm not saying they're going to win the world series but they are not a bad team and they'll surprise people with how well they play.

Overreaction to an overreaction.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
If Phillips' deal ended at the end of the season the Reds could probably get something for him at the deadline, but he has another year left (some $27 million due until then) so he really doesn't have any trade value unless the Reds eat a ton of salary.

Bruce...a big first half is the best thing that the Reds could hope for with him. The fact that he's on a team option at the end of the year could net them a pretty solid prospect if he can bounce back. It's hard to remember that he's a couple months younger than Andrew McCutchen, a bounce-back is far from out of the question and he's looked good so far.

I think most of this board sees the Reds as a 70-75 win team and not the 60-65 win team some pundits see them as, so...I really don't think anyone is going to be too surprised here. They're pretty much locked into 4th in the NL Central.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
In a perfect world Phillips shows a pulse and Bruce has a monster 1st half and they get something for them.

They won't move Votto. Not without eating a sizeable chunk of that salary.

I think he should have accepted that trade to Washington.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Overreaction to an overreaction.

I don't really see where my overreaction was. All I said was that the Reds are legit -- and they are. They'll be even better come may as Votto warms up and Bailey + Disco come back.

There's a lot of "ifs" involved obviously because there's a lot of unproven talent on their team, but 80+ wins are not out of the picture if things go right and Votto/Bruce are healthy (and a healthy Bruce isn't someone I wouldn't describe as "isn't great", 30+ bombs with a .330+ obp this year is what I see and that's pretty valuable). But I'm more speaking to the fact that people were talking about them contending for the #1 overall, and being one of the worst teams in baseball this season and that's just not true.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Any bets on who will win more games, Braves or Phillies? They are both just absolutely mind-boggling bad. Braves are making the Cards look like world beaters.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
The Twins are trash right now. Disgusting to watch. On top of that, only two teams in the past 116 years have made the playoffs after starting the season 0-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad