Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
CfpcmoCUkAEKLbs.jpg

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I don't really see where my overreaction was. All I said was that the Reds are legit -- and they are. They'll be even better come may as Votto warms up and Bailey + Disco come back.

There's a lot of "ifs" involved obviously because there's a lot of unproven talent on their team, but 80+ wins are not out of the picture if things go right and Votto/Bruce are healthy (and a healthy Bruce isn't someone I wouldn't describe as "isn't great", 30+ bombs with a .330+ obp this year is what I see and that's pretty valuable). But I'm more speaking to the fact that people were talking about them contending for the #1 overall, and being one of the worst teams in baseball this season and that's just not true.

Usually when people say 'legit' that means the team is good, as in playoff caliber.

Didn't realize you meant they were a legit baseball team. ;)

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Old man Beltre can still hit, and another good start from Hamels.

Choo is hurt, Mazara may be getting called up soon.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Two thoughts from today's Padres-Rockies game:

1. The Padres sure love some Rocky Mountain air after going scoreless in their home park.
  2. Trevor Story finally had a game without a home run. I'm not saying he's not a great guy, I'm just saying he's just human.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm pretty nervous about this pitcher today. How could the Reds not just find someone decent for a spot start? His numbers are pretty awful at every level.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm pretty nervous about this pitcher today. How could the Reds not just find someone decent for a spot start? His numbers are pretty awful at every level.

Well, you're facing Jeff Locke so...no sympathy.

As for the 'legit' comment...I'm with the others. 'Legit' to me means playoff contender. Not not being completely awful. Nothing more than semantics.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
7 years yesterday since nick adenhart's passing

can't believe it's been that long. still have my tickets from that game and the only time i wish the A's had lost

RIP

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Barry Bonds on Bryce Harper: “He is a beast. [But] he doesn’t compare to me yet. He has a long way to go [in order to be compared] to me. He is not even close to me. But he is one hell of a ballplayer. I watch him, I admire and I look at him and I’m in awe. You don’t see that often. #Nats #MLB #Nationals

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soi1np

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Barry Bonds on Bryce Harper: “He is a beast. [But] he doesn’t compare to me yet. He has a long way to go [in order to be compared] to me. He is not even close to me. But he is one hell of a ballplayer. I watch him, I admire and I look at him and I’m in awe. You don’t see that often. #Nats #MLB #Nationals

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1soi1np

There's a can of worms that didn't entirely need to be opened. :sarcasm:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Baseball can be kinda funny. In his two previous years as Pirates back-up catcher Chris Stewart had 0 home runs in 295 at bats...first at bat of 2016 is a home run.

edit: It's so weird to see a base-running error on the basepaths with 0 outs by a non-Pirate. Big gift from Duvall, who doesn't once look at third base until he's 90% of the way there...where Jay Bruce is standing on the base and the 3rd base coach has the obvious stop sign up. Doesn't even try to get into a rundown to at least give Bruce a chance to score.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Reds have had a few baserunning errors already. Also I think they need to look at taking Hamilton out of the starting line-up. Give Holt a chance there and work on BHam's hitting mechanics outside of the game situations because he's completely clueless.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Reds have had a few baserunning errors already. Also I think they need to look at taking Hamilton out of the starting line-up. Give Holt a chance there and work on BHam's hitting mechanics outside of the game situations because he's completely clueless.

Hamilton always gives the Pirates fits...but after this series I agree.

I do like that they slotted him 9th in the order, though. Generally I don't care for managers doing that, but when you're talking about a speedster with that low of an OBP 9 makes a hell of a lot more sense than 1. Of course the downside to that is that the pitcher in his Major League debut came up with a runner on 3rd and 1 out.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
With all those righties I kinda hope we don't find out.

he might give up 4 or 5 homeruns as well but with the way the season is going for the Jays so far I'd be surprised if he doesn't get 10 K's :laugh:

Not sure if we've played a game this year where we haven't struck out 10 times yet.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I don't know much about Vance Worley but he looks good tonight, seems like smart pitcher with adequate command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad