MLB Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I don't know much about Vance Worley but he looks good tonight, seems like smart pitcher with adequate command.

Pretty much. He's the definition of unspectacular, yet effective. An ideal swing-man, but you can't blame him for wanting a full-time spot in the rotation.

2 more LOB for the Bucs. Yeesh.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Thank God Frazier is no longer a Red, because Suarez is going to murder the Pirates just as badly.

Bucs should have a 5-6 run lead, instead we're tied with a pair of solo home runs accounting for the runs.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
That's the problem, Freese seems to have fallen into the 3rd spot because everyone else fits their spots so well. Problem is that even once Kang comes back he's a pretty lousy fit for the 3rd spot as well. I guess at that point you bump Marte up and bat Kang 4th.

Right now I'd swap Polanco and Freese. Polanco is down in the line-up because he doesn't draw walks, and he has 9 already this year. Even without drawing walks his OBP was almost identical to Freese's last year, though...his bat is simply better.

I'd give thought to Cervelli, as well. He may be the weakest hitting #3 hitter I'd have ever seen, but he's posted a .370 OBP in consecutive seasons and has a knack for finding gaps. Really the only problem with batting Cervelli there is that it requires a separate line-up for when Stewart plays and I think Hurdle likes having his players bat in consistent spots.

I'm 100% happy with Jaso & McCutchen batting where they are. Jaso's career numbers batting 1st are rather absurd and anything that gets Cutch extra at bats is good with me.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Phillies are a bunch of clowns. Should make a movie called Clownball: The Story of the 106 Phillies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Harrison beat the tag at home...let's see if New York gets it right.

Nope.

edit: Angle shown after the fact makes it a lot closer than it previously looked. Impossible to overturn it. Maybe if any Pirates knew how to slide properly we'd stop having this issue.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Ok, why did they put the bunt sign on Suarez? The guy is 3 for 3, he's the hottest guy on earth, and you put a Bunt sign on so sacrifice an out? He's no longer bunting but that didn't make any sense to me.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Ok, why did they put the bunt sign on Suarez? The guy is 3 for 3, he's the hottest guy on earth, and you put a Bunt sign on so sacrifice an out? He's no longer bunting but that didn't make any sense to me.

It's one thing if this is a 1-1 pitchers' duel, but this is a 1-1 game where both teams have wasted a ton of baserunners. Suarez has the hottest bat in the stadium, I can't fathom even considering bunting him right now.

Votto has been awful at the plate today. Rare sight.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Votto has had an awful start to the season in general not just today. Sell him (jk).

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
The Pirates' baserunners to runs ratio right now is making me weep. Two more LOB, 14 for the game. 1 for 14 with RISP with the hit resulting in a runner being thrown out at home. Only run off a solo home run. 18 yesterday also with only 1 run scored.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
And the Bucs lose a game they should have won by 5. You deserve to lose when you put up numbers like that with RISP. ****ing embarrassing.

1 hit in each game of the series with RISP, if I'm not mistaken. Thankfully one of those hits was a grand slam that won the first game of the series.

edit: 5 for 35 with RISP in the series with only 2 of the hits resulting in runs being scored.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad